Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Protocols and Routing

public internet through router

This is a discussion on public internet through router within the Protocols and Routing forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I created this network in virtual box and set the settings up in the directories and everything can ping

Old 05-18-2017, 07:26 PM   #1
Registered Member

So I created this network in virtual box and set the settings up in the directories and everything can ping each other(I'll link my set up in the message). I've tried using pfsense to gain an understanding of having a VM can connect to pfsense as a gateway but unlike the video, I saw the guy could just ping google.com without changing any settings whereas it say's this host is unreachable. I'm back to my original network of just ubuntu routers and PCs. My question is how do I go about accessing the internet through these routers (PC 's VM have NAT adapters disabled).
Here is a link for details of my network I created.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
NetworkScrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2017, 08:11 PM   #2
Registered Member

May of figure this out now as I haven't set up my firewall to allow my PC out, however still open to suggestions.
NetworkScrub is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I use a router? When I have a router from my internet company already?
I feel like such a noob lol I like to play around with old computers. Someone gave me netgear N 600 Wireless Dual Band Router. How in the heck do I use this thing? lol I'm embarrassed to ask :uhoh: Can I use my netgear router as like a usb wireless network adapter? And just plug my desktops...
Tdoggy187 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 25 09-14-2015 08:29 PM
FBI.Cybercrime lock-out
Hello and thank you in advance for helping me. I am locked out of my computer with a notice from "FBI.Cybercrime" to pay a fine or the FBI will be here to haul me off to prison. I received a suggestion that through Bleeping Computers I would find the instructions to follow for self help removal...
Cathy95820 Resolved HJT Threads 34 05-06-2013 03:49 AM
Selection Links
Hi, I've ended up with Selection Links attached to Google Chrome. I've tried to remove it in the usual, low-tech savvie ways and it's not worked. It is not listed in the Programs and Features/Uninstall a Program section of the Control Tab. Under Chrome Extensions, it is listed but...
mthwrd Resolved HJT Threads 42 04-05-2013 06:36 PM
Re: My PC is running very slow!
See original threads http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/trojan-horse-generic_r-bat-660143.html www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f112/my-pc-is-running-very-slow-660313.html Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the DDS and GMER software and ran the scans as instructed. All the scans went...
Hairymartin1966 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 20 08-22-2012 04:37 PM
Probable rootkit virus
Hi there,I have followed the instructions for initial posting and my biggest issue is 'website cannot be displayed' messages when going to various websites (i.e., Outlook mail webpages always work, Google search result pages rarely do, youtube links never works). I have attached the DDS.txt and...
Rivenspur Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 55 06-19-2012 02:26 PM