Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Protocols and Routing

Keep getting kicked off internet

This is a discussion on Keep getting kicked off internet within the Protocols and Routing forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. recently I connected a Linksys wrt54g broadband router so that my daughter could also be online. the problem i have

Old 04-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

recently I connected a Linksys wrt54g broadband router so that my daughter could also be online. the problem i have developed is that while I have the router connected to my network, my internet keeps kicking me off. When I disconnect the router my internet stays on and I have no problems with it. Does anyone have any ideas on why this would be happening? I am working with a custom built PC with quad core processor, 4 gigs of RAM, nvidia graphics card. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
Moderator - Networking

i would do a factory reset on the router and see if that helps - theres a hole at the back - marked reset and using a bent paperclip and poking in the hole and holding down for 30sec should reset it - you will then possible need to reconfigure the router settings
otherwise it may need a firmware update

support site here Linksys by Cisco - WRT54G Support

post back if you need more info

etaf is online now   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible Virus/Trojan?
I'm having issues with ZoneAlarm not being able to activate anti-virus/anti-spyware. I've updated the a.v. database as well as the app itself to the latest versions but still cannot get av/as to activate. It remains disabled and the option to turn it on is grayed out. I'm also unable to get...
Dan V. Resolved HJT Threads 35 03-28-2011 09:29 AM
[SOLVED] Error Code: C00D1197 OR 0xC00D1197
Hello ....don't know if this is right forum I listen to a online football station for my home team. Just recently it has stopped working in IE 8 32 bit. I can log in but can't play any content in the windows media player it uses. However it will work in IE 64 bit and Firefox browsers...I...
REMA1 Internet Explorer Forum 11 03-20-2011 10:43 PM
Antivira AV virus - Help appreciated
Hi there My pc picked up a nasty virus called Antivira AV rendering it pretty much useless. Itís a bogus virus scanner that automatically seems to close down Windows Defender and take over. I canít use Internet Explorer and also canít go in the Task Manager, when I press Ctrl alt delete it...
Jvdbliek Resolved HJT Threads 18 03-03-2011 10:34 PM
Redirecting and virus problems
My computer is redirecting and im sure i have a virus. When i try to run gmer it shuts my computer down even when only checking sections and c drive. Here is the logs that i could get. Thanks in advance. Timmy This is not the same computer as my previous problems. Thanks timmy DDS...
toliver30471 Resolved HJT Threads 21 02-23-2011 06:09 PM
Viruses/Malware...google redirect/ad background/etc
Got a few problems on my hands and hope it is not beyond repairable, reformat. I have the google redirect that is happening, also have a talking ad background that I do not know where it comes from. All browsers are closed and it still comes up. Also, I get a bubble pop sound all the time,...
uofmx12 Inactive Malware Help Topics 8 02-10-2011 11:24 PM