Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help using routers client mode and Qnap

2K views 15 replies 2 participants last post by  Wand3r3r 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

in one room modern Motorola SURFboard SB6121 and Netgear-WNDRMACv2.

in the second room -- (TP-Link TL-WR700N client mode getting the wifi from the netgear) plus the Qnap-212

Here is the situation, I have 2 routers one is (Netgear-WNDRMACv2) connected to the modern and the other is a (TP-Link TL-WR700N in client mode) that connect to the first router, the Qnap 212 is connected to the tp-link via lan/wan, the reason I have it like this i have a roommate that travel a lot and sometimes his room is lock, I would love to put the nas in the first router but I can't <<room...privacy he don't want anyone in the room maybe he keeps millions of dollars there who knows lmao>> I am able to see the nas without any problems inside the network [the problem is I cannot see the nas from outside the network via the iphone app or a pc connected from a different ip address from outside the network maybe is something wrong with the client mode setup or IP address], i manually open the ports the ports are in the first router I called the isp and they open the ports that i am using 8085, without questions ask :grin: is there any other way of doing this and keep everything wireless without using a ethernet cable to the other room?

Ps; can someone help me with the situation maybe is something wrong with IPs or some conflict I really don't know is been like this for 4 months since I got the nas!! I will provide ip addresses and etc...

thank you :smile:

See less See more
#14 ·
Error: I could not see your service on xx.xx.xx.xx on port (443) or (8085)

you think i should call my ISP and make sure? the ports are open again?:facepalm:

or maybe is my modem? let me ask you a question is the modem IP address is 192.168.0.1/192.168.0.2 don't i should change the router IP address to 192.168.0.3 and them i change the second router IP address to 192.168.0.4? them after assign a static IP address to the server?:hide: is a lot of mapping but i think i can do it lmao..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.