Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Have a connectivity problem from WAN to LAN?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Wand3r3r 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I do not work with networking everyday and have come upon a problem with connecting to the DVR Server. The Problem:

I have configured the Aztech DSL5018EN wireless modem for pass thru, triggering and DDNS. I have Created an account from DYNDNS.ORG and tested it to see if it will connect to the modem. When tested it tells me that ISP has not blocked port 8080 on the DVR Server (Windows 7 Pro, Norton IS-Ver. 21). I can connect on the local area network to the DVR server (192.168.254.145:8080) and view the cams with no problems and they work just fine. According to what I have read LAN and WAN should work with no problem, but they don't. My problem is that when I try and access the site from here in the Philippines or the USA we get the following message from the browser. We have also checked the Windows Firewall=off, and Norton Internet Security and Firewall=on and have configured them for pass thru for the DVR Program. But we still get the error:

Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at sitio-kalipay.dvrdns.org:8080

This error comes up in internet explorer also.

I have tried all I could think of and have read on with no luck. WHAT AM I MISSING??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, rcampsr

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.