Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detailed information of NNI

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ajit_a 
#1 ·
I have a conceptual query.

Suppose there`s an enterprise firm which has taken service from 2 different service providers. So, essentially there are two different routers connected to the WAN interface of 2 different service providers.

Assuming I am a service provider and I need to gather information of the routers connected to other service provider of one of my client, How do I do that ?

After some google-ing I found that it is called a NNI (Network to Network interface) communication.

Can someone explain me in details about how does this actually happen over an IP network.

I want to find the information of router connected to other Service provider of my client.

Can someone please guide me ?

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to TSF!

NNI is not how you gather information unless you are gathering specifies concerning signaling and management functions between two networks.

What specific information are you trying to gather?

Normally you would access and get config information for both routers via the lan not the wan.

#3 ·
Well, basically I want to know how 2 difference VPN`s communicate.

Say there are 2 service providers who has their own VPN`s and I have access to all the devices of one of the Service provider.
Now, I need to query a node which is connected to VPN of other service provider.

Since I don't have access to the other VPN, I need to go as if I am communicating over the VPN and query the desired node.

I may not be correct but it seems that this kind of communication is done over NNI.

#5 ·
Well,
What you said is absolutely right. But the issues is, I am planning to monitor that CPE from an NMS. There essentially there would be no manual intervention.

Hence, I am seeing if my requests to that CPE goes as if its just a communication over the VPN.

(May be this is somewhat weird as I am more in development than networking. I am not be correct)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.