Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

WNDA3100v2 drops connection

This is a discussion on WNDA3100v2 drops connection within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I keep having to disconnect and reconnect the device (from USB only way it works again) in order to restore

Old 03-17-2011, 12:35 AM   #1
Registered Member

I keep having to disconnect and reconnect the device (from USB only way it works again) in order to restore the internet. Works fine for about 5-15 minutes and then, it magically loses connection and can't locate any other wireless routers in the area.

i looked online seems to be a big problem. but netgear is not helping Netgear sucks damn 60$ card and cant return it.

any thing i can do so it works, different drivers , any thing.
i mean it wont even try to reconnect, u cant do any thing, have to unplug and plug it back in for it to work again its stupid

thanks for any help

Old 03-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
2xg
Team Manager, Networking Forums, Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi tcironlungs,

Please try these recommendations:

Update your router's firmware to the latest. Do a manual download from Netgear's site and to update it, make sure that you use a wired connection.

Disabled the problematic Wireless Network Adapter's power saving mode from Device Manager, locate the Network Adapter=> Properties=> Power Management Tab, in here you may disable any Power Save mode options by unchecking them off.

From your wireless computer pls. install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.
Click on the 'Show Networks' to display all wireless networks on the xirrus icon on your desktop of if you have one running in a corner. Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached it here, click on Go Advanced and locate Manage Attachments Tab and attached the file.

Microsoft MVP 2011-2013 Windows Expert Consumer
Networking Articles & Tutorials
2xg is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wireless connection drops out with Windows 7
I recently bought a new HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC and have been experiencing problems when connecting to my personal wireless network. It seems that whenever I'm downloading anything or using the connection extensively I'll lose internet connection and the wireless icon in the bottom right hand...
Fish187 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 4 04-03-2011 01:06 AM
Wireless connection drops out with Windows 7
I recently bought a new HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC and have been experiencing problems when connecting to my personal wireless network. It seems that whenever I'm downloading anything or using the connection extensively I'll lose internet connection and the wireless icon in the bottom right hand...
Fish187 Networking Support 16 03-19-2011 07:08 AM
[SOLVED] Surfboard modem, random connection drops...help
Hey guys, I have a motorola surfboard sb5101. Provider is comcast. I have never had any problem with my equipment until now. Here is whats going on. I bought a used sb5101 a week ago so that I would not have to pay the rental fee anymore. Comcast activated it, and it worked fine for a week...
kelfa Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 7 03-11-2011 05:15 AM
wnp111 drops connection with D/L any torrent - only via Windows 7?
HI I have a dual boot pc. plus wireless adaptor wpn111 (v3 drivers) either XP pro or windows 7 platforms. when usiing any app to download any torrent file, pc drops internet connection on windows 7 but does not if i download via XP pro? initally download goes very fast then drops...
andysan File and Application Sharing 1 02-28-2011 11:28 AM
[SOLVED] Connection drops for five minutes at a time when doing certain things
For some reason, certain activities, such as using Bittorrent and visiting specific sites, causes my connection to drop immediately. It stays down for five minutes, after which the connection is reestablished... but if the offending progam is still running or I try to refresh the site, it drops for...
Mooncalf Networking Support 5 01-30-2011 04:36 PM