Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wireless Card isn't working. No help from site I bought it from or company of card :(

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  2xg 
#1 ·
Hi there! :wave: I am new and am desperate to get help, I have been trying everything to get this damn thing to work. Installed the drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled. I even had my friend test it out (I brought over my PC) and it worked for him! He knows a lot about computers so he got it to work in 2 seconds. He is out of town so I no longer have his help. The people I bought it from are not helpful at all.

Info:

Bought my card from:

Digitalet

This is the one I have:
802.11n Wireless LAN Desktop PCI Adapter wDual Antennas: NWL-WPCIN Digitalet

802.11n Wireless LAN Desktop PCI Adapter wDual Antennas

I am running on Windows 7. Please let me know if you have any other questions!!

#4 · (Edited)
Hi modernflapper,

I would download the latest driver for the Wi-Fi Adapter. You may obtain the latest driver from the manufacturer's site than manually install it from your computer's Device Manager.

Also, try changing the wireless mode from the router, if it's on Auto or Mixed Mode, change it to an N, or B/G or G. You may also do this from your Wi-Fi Adapter's setting.

Do you have a wireless manager software controlling the Wi-Fi? Make sure that the WLAN AutoConfig Service is Disabled. Click on Start and type services.msc press enter, locate WLAN AutoConfig.

#5 ·
Ok, I finally got it to work. I didn't do any of the things you said above yet. It's working and finding networks but the connection is really weak, I can barely browse the internet for more than 5 minutes.

The router is in the room downstairs, I am upstairs. Should that matter? Isn't that what wireless cards are for? To detect signal from far?

I have a wireless adaptor that I have been using and I get Internet find on that, it's just this wireless card (that I prefer to be using) that is giving me nothing but problems!

#6 ·
Install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.
Click on the 'Show Networks' to display all wireless networks on the xirrus icon on your desktop of if you have one running in a corner. Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached it here, click on Go Advanced and locate Manage Attachments Tab and attached the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.