Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

Wired Connection Keeps Dropping

This is a discussion on Wired Connection Keeps Dropping within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hope this is the right forum... I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. At home wired/wireless internet works perfectly. At school

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hope this is the right forum...

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. At home wired/wireless internet works perfectly. At school I have to keep the laptop wired because the wireless signal isn't strong enough.

I have a brand new ethernet cable and have tried others and for some reason my internet always loses connection after a few minutes. It works as soon as I unplug the ethernet cable from my laptop and plug it back in, but then fails again shortly after.

When I try diagnose and repair, it says I need to reset the network adapter, and when I click on that option it starts working again for a few minutes but loses connection shortly after.

Can anyone help?

Old 09-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
2xg
Team Manager, Networking Forums, Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

This is a duplicate Thread that need to be Closed. We'll continue assisting you here.

Microsoft MVP 2011-2013 Windows Expert Consumer
Networking Articles & Tutorials
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wired Connection Keeps Dropping
Hope this is the right forum... I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. At home wired/wireless internet works perfectly. At school I have to keep the laptop wired because the wireless signal isn't strong enough. I have a brand new ethernet cable and have tried others and for some reason my internet...
dumblo Networking Support 15 09-15-2011 05:00 PM
wired connection not working on computer- windows xp
hey guys first post :) ok so for the past few months ive been having some problems with my wired connection on my computer. Previously i had a linskys router to provide wifi connection all around the house and had a ethernet cable going from that to my computer, for some reason my wired...
madman213 Networking Support 4 09-13-2011 09:07 AM
Wireless connection frequently dropping
Hello, this would be my first post and I would like to say that it's amazing there's a group of people that help other people fix computer problems...sounds simple but that's amazing. The fact that it's free...:pray: Ok, well, I have a wireless Motorola modem that is hardwired to a computer that...
viewfinder88 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 4 07-23-2011 07:42 AM
Wired Internet Connection Dropping Out
Hey Guys, Recently I've been having alot of trouble with my wired internet connection. Before I describe my specs, I'll just explain what the problem is. Basically for no apparent reason one day when I came home several weeks ago my wired internet connection has become almost unuseable. The...
dandaman208 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 3 07-15-2011 03:42 PM
[SOLVED] Wired connection problem
Hi, Since moving into halls of residence at university, I've never been able to connect my PC to the internet. I've only ever used wireless at this point, but only a wired ethernet connection is on offer here and I just don't know how to get it working. I plug in the ethernet cable, and nothing...
Iarwain Networking Support 15 03-22-2011 04:36 AM