Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

[SOLVED] Can't connect through ethernet cable.

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Can't connect through ethernet cable. within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am having a problem where I can't connect through a cable. I running on Windows XP SP2. My comp.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am having a problem where I can't connect through a cable. I running on Windows XP SP2. My comp. is a HP Pavilion a1483w. I have just reformatted it. Thank you for your help.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
Moderator - Networking

OS: W8 Prox64,Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit SP1, Mac OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, IOS 6

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF,

Have you re-installed all the drivers for your hardware?

Old 09-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks :D, and I totally forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. It works fine now. :D Thank you :)
Old 09-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #4
Moderator - Networking

OS: W8 Prox64,Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit SP1, Mac OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, IOS 6

My System

No worries glad it is sorted.

I will mark this thread as solved.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check Cable Connect! PXE-M0F
Hello i am having a problem with my sisters Acer Aspire one. its running windows 7, intel atom processor N450 with 160 GB HDD. shes had it for about a yeara and a half and its been fine. a couple of days ago when she turned it on it read: "Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 082) For Atheros...
baroncurrie Hard Drive Support 1 08-19-2011 08:22 AM
Getting no ethernet cable connected even though network card works
I can't get my network card to work when plugged into the modem. The computer detects it and all but I can't get it to detect the lan cable, and the card doesn't light up. At first I thought maybe the cord port was jacked but I was messing around with it and at one point my laptop and the...
LaymanX Networking Support 16 06-21-2011 03:12 PM
Can't connect to the internet with ethernet cable.
For the past couple of months i've been meaning to get online with a wired connection however i just can't find a solution. Everytime i plug the cable into my PC it doesn't detect it and the helper says to insert an ethernet cable. When I go to network sharing centre and check my connections it...
samz2010 Cabling and Network Cards 17 01-31-2011 02:58 PM
No internet thru ethernet cable
Just as the title says. I am able to get internet thru wireless but for some reason i dont get any internet when i connect ethernet cable. i know it's not a router problem because i tried few different ones that work for other people but not me. it used to work fine before, now it's not. It just...
firefly17 Networking Support 23 01-05-2011 10:54 AM
Ethernet Cable Splitting
I want to connect a blu-ray player, a desktop, and an xbox 360 to my router (Linksys WRT-610N) with an ethernet cat5e cable. My question is how to connect all three of these devices to my router. I know that I could just use three separate ethernet cables for each device, but I really don't want...
tayexdrums Networking Support 8 12-31-2010 08:27 PM