Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

Internet running slow(used to be good)

This is a discussion on Internet running slow(used to be good) within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I don't know what happened but my internet now is running slow all the time , i'm lossing connection on

Old 07-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

I don't know what happened but my internet now is running slow all the time ,

i'm lossing connection on skype every time .
some times web pages don't load for about 20 secs.
download times is awful as well, (most of the times)

how can we check whats ruining my connection?

i know it shouldn't be anything from my internet providers... it should be something from my pc, but i realy dont know whats that, so please can you help solve the problem?

wifi connection , to my iphone got bad as well.

from my pc i use lan cable from the router.

Edit: when i run speed test everything is fine (thats what the result say) but my inet is still slow.

Here are results from london(where i live)

Ping: 27ms
Download Speed: 11.49 mbps (pff yeah right...)
Upload speed 0.78 mbps (when i upload to youtube it takes like forever to load a single 100mb video

Old 07-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
Management Team Networking

usually up is more than down at least in my neck of the woods.

Do a tracert yahoo.com and post the results for review.
Wand3r3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows XP Fix
I have got this intruder on my computer. I cannot access the internet or anything else. I was going to do a system restore, but I cannot get to it. I do have another computer with Vista, but I need the XP computer for work. Please help!
mishamisha Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 26 07-14-2011 07:36 PM
Internet Running Slow/Not At All
I recently purchased a new laptop, the HP Envy 14 Beats Edition (i5 processor, 6GB ram) and the internet has been working great (Verizon Fios, MI424WR modem) until yesterday. My internet at that point went incredibly slow all of a sudden, on both firefox and internet explorer. I eventually managed...
Erathost Networking Support 2 07-07-2011 12:58 PM
Start menu programs gone, Icons, files and folders hidden, random audio, IE redirect
Last night, I was surfing the net. Suddenly audio started playing on my speakers, and desktop icons started disappearing. Then I got a notice like "your IDE/SATA drive has failed....." i hit control+alt+delete, and it said task manager has been disabled by the administrator, which, or course is me...
ynpguy Resolved HJT Threads 16 04-02-2011 10:23 PM
Virus de-activated firewall and internet connection
Hi, my name is Steve and I have a problem that seems pretty common with other posts. I have tried a few basic options posted elsewhere but here I am. I turn on my computer and after the welcome screen my desktop background loads but it takes about 10 minutes for the icons and everything else to...
Sharewealth Resolved HJT Threads 20 03-14-2011 08:19 AM