Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

Zoom modem 5341J DOCSIS 3.0

This is a discussion on Zoom modem 5341J DOCSIS 3.0 within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Zoom just replaced a modem (2 months old) because the up and down stream lights kept flashing. Just installed the

Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

Zoom just replaced a modem (2 months old) because the up and down stream lights kept flashing.

Just installed the new one(same type) and now the upstream light keeps flashing.

Any help appreciated.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Usually if the Upstream is flashing and not solid it means there is a problem with the upstream (return) path of the modem.

Check to see if there is a status page and note the upstream/downstream power levels.

Most likely not an issue with the modem but either faulty wiring or problem on the ISP side.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Repost Per: CatByte Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem
Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem Hello, I hope I'm at the right area for help. This pc I'm on was infected with Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD. I was able to get to the net somehow and I installed and ran Malwarebytes and got rid of SmartHDD. Then I ran Windows Defender and it found...
mg67 Resolved HJT Threads 23 07-30-2012 07:24 AM
Windows 7 hangs just after startup each time
Just after startup, I can see the desktop, all icons, the system tray, etc., but if I click anything, it immediately hangs. I am eventually given an error from the bottom left corner of the screen stating that "Microsoft Windows" is not responding. I can wait and the application may respond or I...
slhaas BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 08-03-2011 05:49 AM
Windows 7 freezes at startup (HiJack This Log)
Out of the blue my Windows 7 x64 laptop started having problems. Every time I boot it will get to the desktop and LOOK fine, but if I try to open anything it is completely unresponsive. Eventually it will notify me that Windows is not responding and offer to restart or wait. If I restart the...
slhaas Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 3 08-01-2011 01:29 PM
Windows XP Fix
I have got this intruder on my computer. I cannot access the internet or anything else. I was going to do a system restore, but I cannot get to it. I do have another computer with Vista, but I need the XP computer for work. Please help!
mishamisha Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 26 07-14-2011 07:36 PM
Slow Computer - possible virus?
For the past couple days, my computer has slowed down. When I click to open an application, like the internet or MS Word, it's about two minutes before the application opens (yes, I have timed this). So, I tried to download the DDS file, and a dialog box opened, saying "The procedure * could not be...
alicerain Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 5 02-17-2011 03:29 PM