Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

US light blinking on cable modem

This is a discussion on US light blinking on cable modem within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I have a motorola cable modem SBV5120 and the US light keeps blinking and I have no internet connection..can

Old 12-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
ive
Registered Member

Hi I have a motorola cable modem SBV5120 and the US light keeps blinking and I have no internet connection..can some help thanks.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
Management Team Networking

You would contact your isp and ask them why the line is down

Wand3r3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

US = UpStream. The modem is trying to communicate with the NOC.

-----------------------------
There are no dumb questions, unless a customer is asking them.

Help in the fight against cancer and other serious illnesses.
ebackhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
Registered Member

US led flashing is due to return signal cannot send back to cable company or cable loss larger then standard.
Typically is 32 dB ( count from splitter leg outled to modem signal inlet ) and 42 dB found very unstable. Try using a first outlet to connect the cable modem will get a better result. If online successful, check all cable connections and make sure all connections is good . If still offline may be the amplifier fault outside , better call the cable guy to find out what is going wrong.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
blinking green light
hello and thanks in advance, i have a hp pavilion a307x with win.xp. my electric flickered off and on a couple times. i went to turn the computer on and it did not power up. i noticed the green light in back by the power cord was blinking. i unplugged the power cord and the green light...
greg_1 Windows XP Support 3 12-10-2011 06:09 AM
FrameRealy with DSL and Cable modem backup
Hi, Im using Packet Tracer and am trying to create a DSL and CABLE backup line on a frame relay setup. Im having trouble getting the DSL and CABLE to work and cant figure out where im going wrong. :4-dontkno I zip the packet tracer file and uploaded it to a filehost if anyone wants to...
BBKatt Networking Support 0 02-08-2011 12:45 PM
Configuring dsl modem
Hey guys, sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. I just replaced my dls modem with a newer one...i decided i wanted to use the older 2wire 2700 as an AP...looked around found a few directions. Basically its working...kinda. ha On the old modem i changed the router lan ip to...
snapetwo Networking Support 2 01-19-2011 12:56 AM
Using second dsl modem as access point
using DSL modem as ap -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hey guys, sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. I just replaced my dls modem with a newer one...i decided i wanted to use the older 2wire 2700 as an AP...looked around found a few...
snapetwo Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 0 01-14-2011 10:26 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM