Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

UPDATE: Cisco EPC3925 stops working when a wired PC is starting

This is a discussion on UPDATE: Cisco EPC3925 stops working when a wired PC is starting within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Sorry that I have to post here but the old thread is closed. Please post a link to this thread

Old 10-06-2012, 03:23 AM   #1
Registered Member

Exclamation

Sorry that I have to post here but the old thread is closed. Please post a link to this thread as other people still have my issue in my old thread: Cisco EPC3925 stops working when a wired PC is starting

I finally found the issue. The problem was BitDefender Total Security 2012. After I had some other (not related) problems with BitDefender, I bought G Data Total Protection 2013. Since I uninstalled BitDefender from all my PCs and installed G Data on all of them, it NEVER crashed again because of that issue.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
2xg
Team Manager, Networking Forums, Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Thanks for posting the update. Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Microsoft MVP 2011-2013 Windows Expert Consumer
Networking Articles & Tutorials
2xg is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
happili.com virus
Hi, I wrote yesterday that believe i have the happili.com virus and cannot remove it. I was told to follow the pre-post instructions. However, I could not run dds.scr. It would open ans tell me to wait. It said the scan should not last more than 3 minutes. But it never ended and I could not close...
sharkfan12 Resolved HJT Threads 23 04-17-2012 12:38 PM
Internet Explorer & Dr.Watson has encountered...
Hello, I can't open most of my folders without my computer freezing up and my computer telling me that "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" and "Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close". Now, I've been using Google...
JCVerkler Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 3 11-18-2011 12:27 PM
Probably Phished; Avira scans incomplete; Winpatrol stalls while"verifying startup pr
Hi there, E here. Probably got Phished while signing into redbox.com located via google search vice saved link :( Multiple Avira scans incomplete; Winpatrol stalls while "verifying startup programs" forcing reboot; linking attach.zip to post also froze pc requiring reboot. 2nd attempt at...
ebernheisel Resolved HJT Threads 50 09-29-2011 11:27 AM
ALL files hidden. XP REPAIR "16375588.exe"
Hit a nasty link last nite and noticed Java icon pop up in the task bar. Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up task manager and it said disabled by administrator which is me and I did not do. Soon all files were hidden and only option on screen was "XP Repair" pop up. I only seem to get control in safe...
mrfurrypants Resolved HJT Threads 13 07-07-2011 06:16 PM
XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert
Hello. Two days ago I got the virus XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert. It does not let me open any file/folder/browser. When I try to google how to remove it, it redirects me to different websites. Please ...
lilbrat0326 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-03-2011 06:49 PM