There is no "code" that I know of that you need, a cable modem should be PnP out of the box with most broadband routers. The only thing you need to configure is the wireless on the router as a rule.
Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
- Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
- Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
- Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
- Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
- Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
- Boot the computer.
When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.
Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:
Type the following command:
Right click in the command window and choose Select All
, then hit Enter
Paste the results in a message here.
If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.