Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

Problem Wwith Wireless Router

This is a discussion on Problem Wwith Wireless Router within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello I have a D-link wireless router which i assumed still work fine and havent messing around with its settings

Old 08-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hello I have a D-link wireless router which i assumed still work fine and havent messing around with its settings since the first day i bought it (except adding password)..

Well my computer is connected to the router via cable.. and my phone is connected to the router via wireless..

My problem is, my computer is connected to the internet but at the same time my phone isn't ... what is the problem here? i think its the wireless tho... but this happens like randomly but occasionally.. how to fix this? never tried resetting the router to factory settings tho.. would do that if it helps... or is this the sign that the router began to malfunction?

please advice, thank you :)

Old 08-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
Management Team Networking

You don't mention configuring your wifi. I take "except adding password" as you changed the default password for the logon admin account which is a good thing.

Please click on my signature and post the requested information especially the xirrus screen shot capture.

Wand3r3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wand3r3r View Post
You don't mention configuring your wifi. I take "except adding password" as you changed the default password for the logon admin account which is a good thing.

Please click on my signature and post the requested information especially the xirrus screen shot capture.
Hi... ive downloaded xirrus but i dont know how to use it.. ive installed it in my PC which use the direct cable instead of wireless... can it detect the router connection as well?

or shud i install it on a laptop that use the wireless? cause im only using phone for my wireless and a desktop... :S
Old 08-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #4

I missed that it was only your phone connecting wirelessly or not in this case. Forget the xirrus screen shot. It requires a wifi card to work.

Did you follow your routers manual for setting up the wireless on your router?
What level of encryption? [wep/wpa/wpa2]
Old 08-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
I missed that it was only your phone connecting wirelessly or not in this case. Forget the xirrus screen shot. It requires a wifi card to work.

Did you follow your routers manual for setting up the wireless on your router?
What level of encryption? [wep/wpa/wpa2]
i only use WEP key for encryptions.. and this settings been set the first day i bought the router... never been touched since then..
Old 08-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #6

Wep is no security at all. It can be hacked in minutes. FYI

Does your phone see your wifi network?
Are you inputting your wep key into your wifi setup for your phone?
Old 08-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Wep is no security at all. It can be hacked in minutes. FYI

Does your phone see your wifi network?
Are you inputting your wep key into your wifi setup for your phone?
yes.. its connected to the wifi.. but sometimes theres no internet access from it... that makes me curious.. and sometimes it works flawlessly :S
Old 08-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #8

So you have in intermittent connection issue. Any other wifi devices having this issue? Friends can connect?