Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

How to Switch Between My 5 new Static IP Addresses

This is a discussion on How to Switch Between My 5 new Static IP Addresses within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I'm looking for help with how to switch between my 5 new static IP addresses that I purchased (on

Old 04-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I'm looking for help with how to switch between my 5 new static IP addresses that I purchased (on a monthly basis now) from my ISP. I need them for my business so that I can send out more than the 1,000 emails per day from the one IP address to all of my customers which total a little over 1,500 now. Unfortunately I'm quite computer iliterate when it comes to understanding even the basics of computer terminology, etc. My ISP explained to me that if I purchased the bundle of 5 static IPs, then I could in essence send out 5,000 emails per day, which is plenty.

However, my dilemma is knowing how to switch from one static IP to the next. In fact, I don't even know where to begin. They told me to just google it, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Really hoping to find some help from someone with a little extra patience since I'm so new to all of this.

Thank you for any help you can offer! I really appreciate it.
Full House is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
TSF Emeritus

Welcome to TSF!

I have never heard of a email limit set by the isp per ip address. If they are in control over that you would think they could set a different limit for the ip you currently have.

Or someone saw a path to easy money and sold you the more expensive plan.

But that doesn't answer your question.

With your pc connected to the modem and not a router you can set the ip address manually on your pc.

How to Manually Assign an IP Address in Windows XP - For Dummies

If you are behind a modem router combo unit you would log into the router and set the ip address on the wan interface of the router.

Hope this helps.
Wand3r3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Some of the better routers, like the Draytek Vigors, will allow you to set a fixed IP to each Lan port on the router.
Then you could swap the ethernet cable to a different port when you want to change.
However these routers are a bit more expensive than the average.
clyde123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
TSF Emeritus

Though you could assign per lan port that will not work since we are talking wan ips not lan ips. This being the case the draytek would have to be put into bridge mode and still have the ability to assign those wan ips to the lan ports.

Remember that to use wan ips on a lan you can't be doing NAT
Wand3r3r is offline   Reply With Quote