Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

How to find out my Monthly GB internet usage?

This is a discussion on How to find out my Monthly GB internet usage? within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I am currently using an unlimited DSL broadband through a router. But everyone i know has capped 'so many

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 04:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I am currently using an unlimited DSL broadband through a router. But everyone i know has capped 'so many gigabytes a month' type internet ISP providers.

I was just therefore wondering if i could find out how much GB's i use on average in a month to see if i am paying over the odds paying for unlimited broadband.

I use my computer a lot so i was just curious as to how many gigabytes i use.

My ISP is while the cheapest for this, their customer service is useless and doesnt have much of a clue, and that is when you actually get through to them (usually its a wait of 40-50 minutes on hold to speak to someone, and emails dont usually get answered until weeks or a month later).

So i was just considering changing to a cheaper capped service but dont want to be penalised if i use too much. And like i say i use the internet a lot.

So is there anyway to find out what my monthly internet use in GB's currently are

Thanks

Old 03-09-2006, 05:00 AM   #2
Registered Member

Log on to your ISP account and there should be a record of all your previous usage.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:42 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks but i have looked at my account page and it does not say on there,

Are there any freeware apps that may do this?

Thanks
Old 03-09-2006, 10:30 AM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

NetMeter. Freeware, runs from the system tray, fully customizable.
Let it load at startup and it records daily, weekly and monthly data transfers and compiles it into a report. You can also set it to alert you when you're approaching your capped Gb/month amount.

EDIT: If you're in the UK try NTL's new 10mb broadband package which has a 75gig monthly allowance. I'm on their 2.5mb package and their service is excellent, only lost the connection once in 2 years, and that was just a few hours for maintenance.

watch?v=CBVFpYN0iNo
Closed Thread