Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

FibreOP Internet fast after factory reset, then slows down

This is a discussion on FibreOP Internet fast after factory reset, then slows down within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey folks, After a factory reset, I record download speeds of ~50Mbps and uploads of ~15Mbps (using googles speed test

Old 01-07-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey folks,

After a factory reset, I record download speeds of ~50Mbps and uploads of ~15Mbps (using googles speed test tool) however after 5-10 minutes my download speed drops to about ~2Mbps while upload remains the same. I've attempted changing the channels and 802.11g/b/n settings with no success. Any help out there?

I'm on Bell Aliant with a Actiontec R1000H.

Thanks
ilodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2017, 07:49 AM   #2
Registered Member

I should add that this is a wireless connection. There are a mix of PCs, Macs, phones, and an Xbox that are all experiencing the issue.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

use xirrus wifi inspector or similar free download to see what channels those around you are using. Post a screen shot of what it shows so we can advise you.
GentleArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #4
Registered Member

Here you go. Currently the internet is actually working fine, but this happens and it'll tank again later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 6.00.17 PM.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	299209  
Old 01-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

You are on the best wifi channel.

Do a tracert yahoo.com via a command prompt. Save the screen shot of it. Next time the connection goes wonky do another tracert yahoo.com and post the screen shots for comparison/review.

After that connect directly to the modem via wired device [by passing the router] and test the internet connection.
GentleArrow is offline   Reply With Quote