Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

Dropping connection on Netgear N900

This is a discussion on Dropping connection on Netgear N900 within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have installed the netgear N900 dual band which is 99£ and is working fine on 2.45ghz because I have a belkin g range extender as my house is very long. So everything is working and my computer works but every so often the Internet drops so the modem needs turned on and off to get back on the Internet even though my computer says its connected but not loading any pages. It works fine for a while then sometimes drops, it works fine until I use my Mac books or iMac but works fine with iPhones? What can I do ?

Old 02-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

and welcome to the Forum

please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Old Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi.. So u mean to say that u experience this issue only when u use ur Mac Book and imac? How far is the mac computers from ur router or range extender? Does ur mac computers works fine when its closer to the main router ( Netgear)???

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
always dropping my wireless connection
my wireless connection always drops when my phone rings. i have a hp compaq presario cq56-115dx notebook pc and a 2wire 496 wireless rounter and i loose connection during internet exploring. WHY?:banghead:
jerryjd Networking Support 5 01-24-2012 05:04 PM
Belkin router dropping internet connection
Hi, I recently changed my internet connection from a very slow adsl connection (im a LONG way from the exchange) to a moderatly faster vdsl connection. With the upgrade, they force me to use a modem that looks like it was made 20 years ago (although they say its had all the internals upgraded a...
raabeast Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 15 12-27-2011 03:27 AM
Connection Problems
Hello. I've been having connection problems for a few weeks now and i've done everything I could find to try and fix it. My internet packets slow down to a crawl sending and recieving like 1-2 every second until I fix it by running the Network Diagostics. It happens every few seconds and sometimes...
Hawynlegend Networking Support 6 07-30-2011 03:58 PM
WiFi connection via Netgear router to HTC Wildfire smartphone
I have a Netgear DG834G wireless ADSL2+Modem Router which works perfectly in my house with 2 PCs, a laptop and a IPad, but I cannot get it to connect to my new Wildfire. The router is set for WEP security and has a WEP key. The phone quickly finds the Netgear router when scanning for nearby...
Philcon Networking Support 4 01-12-2011 06:16 AM
connection dropping every 15 minutes
Hi, I'm having a problem with my HP laptop dropping its wireless connection almost exactly every 15 minutes. I'm running windows 7 on this laptop and I have another HP windows XP laptop using the same router with no problem. I also have a media player connected to my router that has no ...
gem222 Networking Support 16 01-05-2011 02:06 PM