Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

belkin router keeps shutting down

This is a discussion on belkin router keeps shutting down within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i have a belkin router connected to my ntl modem,my kids on there computer,connect to the router wirelessly,but every so

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
Registered Member

i have a belkin router connected to my ntl modem,my kids on there computer,connect to the router wirelessly,but every so often,the belkin router turns itself off,and i have to keep unplugging/re-connecting the mains lead into the router....Any ideas,or do you think i need a new router...Also,in my network connections,the router isnt shown in the list,should it be?
thanks
BB

Old 05-11-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

I'd try a firmare upgrade for the router first, many times that will correct issues like this. Also, P2P applications will do this to many SOHO routers, you might want to stop that kind of activity.

The only time the router appears in Network Places is if UPNP is enabled on the router.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
login error!!! in Belkin Router configuration
i want to secure my wireless connection made a long time ago still unsecured on my Belkin Router 54g F5D7230-4 and when trying to configure it the password is requested and I don't recall having ever had one and clicking on "submit" I get "login error!!!" How I can I retrieve the "password" to...
carlodigiorgio Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 2 04-25-2006 03:51 AM
Belkin 54g Wireless Router (not working now), Firmware Update Crashed
I recently just got a Belkin 54g wireless router. At first it worked perfectly for networking the computers we have in the basement. The reason for buying a wireless router was to be able to use it as an access point for a Sony PSP (Playstation Portable). I couldn't get the PSP to connect to...
Die2Versify Networking Support 8 01-06-2006 12:02 PM
can someone answer this question for me?
1. Which one of the following accurately describes the function of an IPX SAP message? a) SAP is used transfer files between workstations and services in an IPX network. b) SAP is used to authenticate workstations to file, print, and directory services in an IPX network. c) SAP is used...
lydia_monica Certification & Career 1 01-12-2005 05:19 AM