Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

Belkin F9K1103V1 | 2 PCs Can't Connect

This is a discussion on Belkin F9K1103V1 | 2 PCs Can't Connect within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My router is F9K1103V1. I've had no connectivity issues in the past. I have five devices (two PCs, 1 Xbox

Old 12-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

My router is F9K1103V1. I've had no connectivity issues in the past. I have five devices (two PCs, 1 Xbox 360, two cell phones). Everything connects wirelessly besides the Xbox 360. I recently bought a new computer to replace my old laptop. My new PC has no issues connecting to the internet. But when PC #1 connects (the new one), PC #2 can never connect. It is only when PC #1 completely shuts off that PC #2 can connect. PC #2 shows that it's connected to the router but cannot function using any browser. Every other device works perfectly without any issue.

Both PCs are running Windows 7. Ready to answer more questions just unsure the requirements on a first post. Belkin customer support was... less than helpful.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:04 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team

Welcome tvnogn.

Perhaps there is an IP conflict?

> - Turn PC #2 on
> - Click on the Start button/globe
> - Type cmd.exe and run as administrator
> - type ipconfig /release

Give it a while...

> - When you can, type ipconfig /renew

Wait a while then see if you are connected to the network/internet and can browse.

Turn on PC #1 and see if they both now work.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bowles View Post
Welcome tvnogn.

Perhaps there is an IP conflict?

> - Turn PC #2 on
> - Click on the Start button/globe
> - Type cmd.exe and run as administrator
> - type ipconfig /release

Give it a while...

> - When you can, type ipconfig /renew

Wait a while then see if you are connected to the network/internet and can browse.

Turn on PC #1 and see if they both now work.
Thank you. I've attempted this step and then I remember to go back and do the whole thing as Admin (which has saved me many times).

Unfortunately there is no change to the situation. I would like to add that sometimes PC #2 indicates that the router has no internet connectivity, but that is not true since I am using it with my cell phone and PC #1.

I have done a factory reset on my router which has not fixed the issue. I logged in once before and thought maybe I had switched something but that turns out to be wrong.

I'll be looking at three windows for the rest of my day: this one, my router setup, and Netflix.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
Management Team Networking

post the results of ipconfig /all from pc1 and pc2 for review
Wand3r3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread