Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

192.168.0.1 isnt working

This is a discussion on 192.168.0.1 isnt working within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I was recently trying to enable upnp for my ps3 to make voice chat available and during the process i

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

I was recently trying to enable upnp for my ps3 to make voice chat available and during the process i think i might've accidentally hit something wrong and now i cant get into my router's settings. I've tried 192.0.1,11,2,10,and a couple other but none of them work. And ive tried to repair the connections and everything else also. Help is apreciated...

Old 05-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #2

You can find the exact default IP Address for your particular router by looking up the model number on the manufacturer's web-site; support section.

If this IP address fails, then chances are high that someone (whether legit or not is the question) has changed the default IP Address to something else. (This is a very good idea in terms of Security and is recommended.)

Routers can be hard "reset" usually by holding down a small recessed button on the back the router. Sometimes you need a needle or toothpick in order to hit the button. Router reset instructions are also available in the manufacturer's support section on-line.

It should be noted that when a Router is reset, ALL configuration for that router is lost to include firewall rules, etc...

Sometimes firewalls have custom configurations in order to connect online, and reseting a router without having the ability to re-configure it properly will result in it being unable to connect to the internet.

Exersize extreme caution.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
Registered Member

alright thx i finally got it back but now ive got a second problem. i enabled the upnp but my ps3 still says its not available. i enabled all the possibe ports that i need to but it still says not available.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sound Card Suddenly Stopped Working in XP
Hi, My sound card was working 2 days ago - i haven't installed any service packs or software in that time - it appears to have stopped working for no reason. The volume is not muted or low. there are no device conflicts, xp reports that it is working properly - i've uninstalled the card and...
ScottyM77 Sound Cards 22 01-13-2011 12:38 PM
Intergrated SoundMax mic not working
I have an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard with soundmax onboard (digital audio system) and my mic is not working properly. I only get small static when I yell into /touch the mic. The mic is working fine on other machines. Sound layout is set to 2 speakers, in soundmax control panel and in windows...
Funkypiet Sound Cards 1 10-19-2007 05:00 PM
USB not working
I have a Toshiba Satellite M45-S3551 and the USB ports quit working although the device managers says they're working properly. I have a Toshiba Satellite M45-S3551 and the USB ports quit working although the device managers says they're working properly. I have gone through the troubleshoot and...
Goddess972 Laptop Support 1 09-01-2005 11:44 AM
Computer lag, and disk defrag not working, scandisk not working
Im running this Hijack log for someone. The disk defragmentor isnt working and starting over along with the scan disk..The computer lags sometimes and logs off.. Here is a log let me know if there is anything wrong. thank you Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 10:15:46 PM, on...
PandaHater Inactive Malware Help Topics 1 06-20-2005 10:55 PM
IBM IntelliStation just stopped working
Hey all... A friend off mine gave me an old IBM IntelliStation E Pro (600MHz, 384RAM) and ive ben twinkering around with it and added a 40Gb drive and XP to create a really smooth running machine for basically nothing at all. The problem is, last night my friend brought up a DVD+R with some avi...
clarets99 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 0 10-24-2004 05:34 AM