Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

Freenas web GUI problem

This is a discussion on Freenas web GUI problem within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've recently built a freenas server using version 7.2 in a raid 5 configuration. Everything runs very smoothly except after

Old 03-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

I've recently built a freenas server using version 7.2 in a raid 5 configuration. Everything runs very smoothly except after about 3 days i find that i can't access the web gui. I can access the files on my server just fine but the web gui= no luck. If i manually reboot the freenas box i'm back in business for awhile, but after about 3 days i can't access the gui again. Now, is it possible that dhcp is the cause of this issue? I just switched to a static ip today. If not, any other ideas? I would have thought if dhcp was changing the ip address i wouldn't be able to access my files either but perhaps i'm missing something. Thanks for any help! Ryan

Old 09-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #2
Registered Member

I have experienced some problems with the web interface i use 0.7.1 freenas version and dont know if is the same bug reported here n solved but looks similar.Did the change of dynamic IP worked?
So what is my deal:I can log in to my web interface but is not displaying the full menu(just System.Advanced,Help are diplayed and is MISSING the Network,Disks... and all the rest).Is like i dont sign in as administrator or something,but i put the right admin password.I recentrly changed password to the server from where the freenas server is taking the back-up so i am thinking this might be the issue.Any help would be really appreciated,i canot connect a monitor to the freenas server so connecting the disks to another pc may be the only option(hope that would not affect the disks synchronization).Factory reset sounds like a solution but this is down from the command line?would tha mean i lose all the data saved?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trojan Infecting Google searches, opening Tabs in Firefox?
Greetings all. I came here in early 2009 with a problem and you guys were great, so I am hoping we can do this again. I noticed my PC (Win XP SP2) would give me false Google search results with Firefox. It would open the Google search results, but when you clicked any link it took you to a...
doctorwho737 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 20 03-21-2011 02:23 PM
Asus K52JT - (sonix) Web Cam problem
I've been having Asus K52JT for some time now and the webcam has always worked well. In the last week it started behaving strangely. I have to restart every time i want to have a video chat otherwise the other party doesn't see me. At that point also in skype it appears the computer doesn't have a...
Trgovec Laptop Support 6 03-14-2011 11:52 AM
GFI Web Monitor Problem
Hi All, I am installing ISA SERVER 2006 Enterprise on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP2. I am installing GFI Web monitor on this server, when I am enable web traffic scanning on GFI Web monitor and start searching on GOOGLE.COM . The goole.com show result blank, means Google.com can,not search...
bhadouriya Windows NT/2000/2003, 2008 and 2012 Server 0 02-17-2011 10:08 PM
divx web player installation problem
hai try to uninstall the old version of divx player...it won't let me. I try to install the new one...it won't let me. It just freezes once it gets to the web player part of the installation and I have to open task manager to get rid of it. Really annoying as I like streaming films from...
pratapkollu Windows XP Support 3 02-06-2011 04:30 AM
[SOLVED] Install problem - software/drivers for logitech pro 9000 web cam
I get error 1316 - a network error occurred while attempting to read from file C:\users\Doug\app date\local\temp\lu\lws\18\erLT.msi I uninstalled the prior software and drivers for the logitech pro 9000 web cam. I have a Vista home prem sp 2 system
golferdld Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 2 02-03-2011 01:39 PM