Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

acer aspire stuck in Acer eRecovery Management Loop

This is a discussion on acer aspire stuck in Acer eRecovery Management Loop within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Trying to restore an Acer Aspire back to factory default. Do not have the password and now the computer will

Old 06-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

Trying to restore an Acer Aspire back to factory default. Do not have the password and now the computer will not let me go anywhere except Acer Recovery Management.

This is not my computer. Senior Citizen having trouble with the computer and I agreed to look at. Decided to start fresh but the owner does not know what the password is for the recovery, The hint is "skwak". Anyone have any ideas?

Tried to get around it, tried to start in safe mode but no matter what I do the computer goes back to Acer eRecovery Management.

I removed the CMOS Battery, hoping the computer would forget where it was but that did not work. Unplugged the computer, CMOS Battery and the hard drive and waited for 10 minutes. Computer still boots to Acer eRecovery Management.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:32 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Sorry, the forum rules don't allow us to offer any help with password problems.

Try the Acer eRecovery user guide for instructions, or contact Acer Support.

watch?v=V4H5PFGr03Q
koala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
Registered Member

Do you have any suggestions on how to stop the Acer eRecovery Management Loop. I cannot go anywhere but the eRecovery Management. No matter how many times I restart my computer, or anything else I have done. It says that after 3 times of entering the incorrect password it should go back to the operating system. It does not work.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

See this thread for a possible solution. Apart from that, we can't offer any help with problems related to passwords. Acer Support will be able to help you.

watch?v=V4H5PFGr03Q
Old 06-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thank you. I did get the computer out of the eRecovery loop and can start in safe mode. I cannot start the computer in anything but safe mode. It gets stuck on the kernal screen. Ay suggestions?
Old 06-12-2012, 03:13 AM   #6
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Run the Startup Repair option from your Windows DVD.

watch?v=V4H5PFGr03Q
Old 11-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
Registered Member

Hi All... new here. I have my password and am having the same issues. My laptop crashed today and all it will do is stay in this erecovery loop. I try to over write everything but all I get is "partition fail to be formatted" (Destination: \Harddisk0\Partition2). This is a mini-acer without a disk drive and I do not have any disks anyway. Thoughts on how to get this to anything by the erecovery screen??? Help and thanks!!!!!