Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Mozilla/Firefox Browsers

[SOLVED] Tor browser won't open

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Tor browser won't open within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I recently downloaded the Tor Browser Bundle. The first time I tried it it worked fine. Today, when I

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I recently downloaded the Tor Browser Bundle. The first time I tried it it worked fine. Today, when I went to start the Tor browser, Vidalia connected to the Tor network just fine, but the browser did not automatically start. Any idea what the problem may be? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom718 View Post
Hi,

I recently downloaded the Tor Browser Bundle. The first time I tried it it worked fine. Today, when I went to start the Tor browser, Vidalia connected to the Tor network just fine, but the browser did not automatically start. Any idea what the problem may be? Thanks in advance.
Just to clarify, I assume this is most likely a problem with Firefox. I am not using a proxy server. Are there any Firefox settings that may cause this to happen?

Old 05-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Registered Member

Tor Browser Bundel have it's own built in browser Firefox Aurora.
Download the latest software and try again.
Sometimes it take ages to load the browser.
If you use Tor to be anonymous, it is recommended that you download the software onto a memory stick and start Tor from there.
Read the manual here: https://www.torproject.org/
Old 05-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by online24 View Post
Tor Browser Bundel have it's own built in browser Firefox Aurora.
Download the latest software and try again.
Sometimes it take ages to load the browser.
If you use Tor to be anonymous, it is recommended that you download the software onto a memory stick and start Tor from there.
Read the manual here: https://www.torproject.org/
Hi, thanks for your reply. I actually was able to solve the problem a few days ago by saving the Tor Browser Bundle to my desktop (I had previously had it saved in my Downloads folder). Thanks anyway!