Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Mozilla/Firefox Browsers

[SOLVED] Problem with Google Earth Plugin for Firefox in Google Maps, Please read & r

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Problem with Google Earth Plugin for Firefox in Google Maps, Please read & r within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The Google Earth Plug- In for Mozilla Firefox will not display images in 3D when I try to use it

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

The Google Earth Plug- In for Mozilla Firefox will not display images in 3D when I try to use it in Google Maps. It will only display them as flat images. Below are a few screen caps showing what I mean.

I would like to know why this is happening and how and whether I can fix this problem. I would appreciate any help anybody can offer.

The images are very distorted, as you can see from the images that I have posted.

I have tried uninstalling the Google Earth Plugin then reinstalling it. This didn't solve the problem.

I also tried using the Google Earth Plug in in the Google Chrome browser. The resulting images were the same as the ones that I posted yesterday in this thread.

If anyone needs more technical info about my problem. Please tell me what information you need and I'll try to provide it.

I also upgraded to the latest version of the Mozilla Firefox browser yesterday.
This didn't solve my problem either.

Thank you !

Old 08-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Not all map locations have 3D buildings. Try somewhere that definitely does, like New York, London or Paris, and follow the instructions below. If that works, go back to the location in your screenshots to see if the problem is fixed.
Quote:
http://earth.google.com/support/bin/...70&topic=22372

Viewing 3D Buildings

Google Earth can display both simple and photo-realistic 3D buildings in many areas. To view these:

1. Turn on the 3D buildings by checking the 3D Buildings folder in the Layers panel.

2. Position the viewer within a reasonable viewing altitude over a major city such as San Francisco. Some 3D buildings start to appear from an eye-elevation of 10,000 to 12,000 feet. Check the eye-elevation meter on the lower right of the 3D viewer to determine your current viewing height. The 3D buildings appear as light gray objects over the imagery of the city.
Have you tried using the non-browser Google Earth program?

Direct download for exe file: http://dl.google.com/earth/client/cu...leEarthWin.exe (save to desktop or your download folder, then run to install the program)

Old 08-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

Wondering if I should take my computer to or call a support/repair guy since it has been almost a week since I started this topic and I haven't gotten any replies yet. No offense to the staff and or volunteers here who HAVE been very helpful with other computer issues that I've had. I do realize that there are many posters here who also have problems, as well as mine and it takes a while to get around to helping them with their computer issues! If that is the case, I will be patient. I hope that you all will understand.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Is my last reply invisible?

Maybe you should post in the Firefox or Other Browsers forums as it's a browser-related problem.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
Registered Member

Sorry, I hadn't seen your last post. I thought that the problem might be that there aren't 3d buildings in all cities. Yes, I've tried doing what I did with the non-broser Google Earth program but, it didn't work. I might try posting this topic in the Firefox browser forums as you said.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

It's ok, I'll move this thread over there. No need to start a new one.

Try one of the major cities to see if 3D works. I haven't used it for a while, but the last time I looked there were definitely some 3D buildings in Paris, like the Eiffel Tower.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #7
Registered Member

Yes, when I've looked at other buildings it does show them in 3 D. Just not the particular building that I wanted to see.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
Registered Member

I tried this with Google Earth and the Google Earth Plugin
Old 08-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #9
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Nothing you can do then. I think they're concentrating on getting the main buildings done for the major cities first. Less important buildings will come later or not at all.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #10
Registered Member

Ok, Thanks for trying !