Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Mozilla/Firefox Browsers

problem with tor bundle browser

This is a discussion on problem with tor bundle browser within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, i'm trying to use tor browser bundle on my kali linux i've downloaded the latest bundle -> extracted it

Old 03-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,
i'm trying to use tor browser bundle on my kali linux
i've downloaded the latest bundle -> extracted it -> launched it through ./start_tor_browser
it's working fine until now -> but when the browser opens it says :

Unable to find the proxy server
Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that can't be found.
==========
i tried auto detect and detect from system but no use,

when i go to tor button,
proxy is set to
use the recommended proxy settings for my version of firefox.

when i click test settings i get :

Tor proxy test: Local HTTP Proxy is unreachable. Is Polipo running properly?

=================
do i need to get polipo or is there something wrong in my settings

thanks for help in advance

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Browser redirect problem
Help!! I have fallen prey to a browser hijack i am unable to get rid off. I have tried Malwarebytes, Ad-aware, Spybot, AVG (which is my antivirus and firewall software, CWShreader, and Hijack This. I have run Combofix and TDSkiller. RKquarantine and Goorefix. Nothing has stopped it or detected...
qorc Inactive Malware Help Topics 29 12-27-2012 09:38 PM
BSOD issues -_- (maybe ram related)
Ok so i've been getting BSOD errors for the past year, some due to unstable CPU which i fixed pretty much right away. But i've had issues with my ram and it's timings as I'm using a lanparty t3eh9 i5 mobo. Specs are as follows: CPU- i5 760 @ 4ghz 1.27v RAM - Ripjaws 2x4gb @ 1600mhz 1.66v...
Mauler1987 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 31 12-29-2011 12:29 AM
Super slow and facebook/email hacked
This is my girlfriends computer. It has become super slow and most recently has had tons of popups and was hacked by something she clicked on that went into her facebook and e-mail account. Her passwords have been changed on my computer. Thanks for all the help! DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) -...
Invertediq Resolved HJT Threads 12 11-11-2011 08:34 PM
Need assistance removing the Windows Recovery Virus
I am helping my brother's friend who's PC has been infected with the Windows Recovery Virus. I ran Malwarebytes numerous times. Each time it finds the virus and "removes" it but yet after every restart the virus is still there. I would have tried Combofix, but apparently it doesn't like the version...
tigerfansince84 Resolved HJT Threads 8 06-23-2011 06:23 AM
Halo 2 Won't install i hate it...
Hey, I just bought halo 2 at the store and i tought hmm fun game but then when i wanted to install the game it says Microsoft directx has stopped working and then i can't install the game... because i need to close the installation. I already have DX. 11 And got HD Readen 4770, AMD...
Takehofstra Game Installation Support 1 02-26-2011 07:39 PM