Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Mozilla/Firefox Browsers

MYSTART search engine and homepage hijacking

This is a discussion on MYSTART search engine and homepage hijacking within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I had a problem with INcredimail inserting and making MYSTART my home page and my search toolbar in my firefox

Old 09-21-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

I had a problem with INcredimail inserting and making MYSTART my home page and my search toolbar in my firefox browser, since i do not use ie, it did not concern me.

after doing many many unnecessary things I found out how to rid yourself of this.

on the browser
go to tools<options<main type in url or bookmark page you want to use as your homepage and click ok at the bottom...restart browser

on the search bar
click on the left icon on the tool bar, for example firefox default has a G, a drop down menu will come down, click manage my search engines, it will give you a list, highlight MYSTART and delete,click ok,close browser and restart!! Thats it.

hope this is some help and easy to understand.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
Registered Member

Many, many thanks to BleepingRoach! You have solved my very annoying problem!

Shurnuff

Old 11-14-2008, 05:02 AM   #3
Registered Member

It tickles me to be of some help!! Youre very welcome!!
Old 11-15-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to keithy397

Hi guys,

After using that MYSTART stuff you should have a clean up. Use a spyware cleaner like Spybot or Spyware Terminator, you'll find your riddled with crap. Same goes for those freebie emoticons Incredimail uses though the name escapes me currently.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #5
Registered Member

Hey thanks for the advice, I use spybot and adaware and windows defender everyday. The MYSTART did come with Incredimail but it gave you the option to download it with the incredimail, however I did not notice until I had accepted it. I was just a matter of changing home pages and search bars. I do not think it is spyware or a highjacker. No search I have completed turned it up. Incredimail is a good program you just have to look into it and do a custom install instead of automatic. Thanks for the advice, its nice when we can look out for each other!! Have a good one!