Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Mozilla/Firefox Browsers

Lost History: how to prevent history delete?

This is a discussion on Lost History: how to prevent history delete? within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Most people want to clear their Firefox history. My problem is the opposite. I have set the Firefox privacy options

Old 02-05-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

Most people want to clear their Firefox history.

My problem is the opposite. I have set the Firefox privacy options to clear the history after 9 days, but now it seems to be doing it every day or so. Too often! Even the URL bar thingy (where you type the URL) is cleared.

It started doing this a week ago, and ignoring my fiddling with the Privacy options.

I don't want the History to be wiped that often!

I do a good bit of researching online, and don't always remember where I've been, and the History is a very convenient tool. Yes I do know about bookmarks, but sometimes I check the history to refer to something. And the URL bar saves a bit of typing by completing the url for me.

Is it a virus that's wiping my History? I tried Googling, but all I got is "how to delete Firefox history", instead of "how to keep Firefox from deleting history".

Old 02-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
Security Team
Analyst

You might have checked this already but go to Tools > Options > Privacy tab
Make sure that it is not check next to: Always clear my private data when I close FireFox

“Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most” - Mark Twain
Clark76 is offline   Reply With Quote