Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Mozilla/Firefox Browsers

javascript application error in FireFox

This is a discussion on javascript application error in FireFox within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. While running FireFox a pop up box appears with the heading "javascript application error". the message in the box is:

Old 03-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

While running FireFox a pop up box appears with the heading "javascript application error". the message in the box is: "an error has occurred". When I click on the "OK" box at the bottom the message reappears, sometimes as many as 5 or 6 times. This usually happens after I have been running Skype and or Minecraft for a while. At the same time the Minecraft game begins to lag severely.

If I attempt to "check Java" Firefox crashes.

I have reinstalled Java several times. Java is enabled in Firefox. Any suggestions?

Old 03-07-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Often caused by a conflicting extension or third-party toolbar in Firefox. It's a trial-and-error job - disable each extension or third-party toolbar in turn (you must disable a toolbar, simply hiding it is not sufficient), then restart Firefox after disabling each one.

When Firefox no longer shows the javascript error, the last toolbar or extension you disabled will be the the one that's causing the problem.

If you want to be sure that it is indeed an add-on that's causing it before going through each one, re-start Firefox with all add-ons disabled. Click Help >> Re-start with add-ons disabled.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Registered Member

Must have been an add-on. Removing them appears to have solved that problem.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

If you want to use your add-ons then I would enable then one at a time until you get the error as pip22 said. Then you can just disable or remove the add-on that is causing the problem. You might also see if the add-on has an update that could fix the problem too.

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
wmorri is offline   Reply With Quote