Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Mozilla/Firefox Browsers

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server

This is a discussion on Firefox can't establish a connection to the server within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys. Im Patrick, im 18 and finished school last year. I went to Geelong High in Victoria, Australia. My

Old 06-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi guys.

Im Patrick, im 18 and finished school last year. I went to Geelong High in Victoria, Australia. My problem is, everytime i try to access sites such as myspace or facebook (login sites) I get an error saying

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at secure.myspace.com.

This is when im at home. Now i thought it might be because the school is blocking these sites in which case I would not ask the question because its against your forum rules. Buuut! my brother has the exact same computer in every way shape and form and his works on all these sites.. to be honest im sick of proxies to access, can you help me out

cheers, Pat.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Popstar13

Well since you say your sick of proxies...it would be a good idea to check your proxie settings in FireFox.
click on tools in the menu bar and select options, then select advanced tab. under advanced tab select network tab and click on connections settings button. then make sure the check box that states "no proxy" is selected.
Post back with any updates....Thanks..

Old 07-02-2009, 12:54 AM   #3
Registered Member

thanks for replying and with the tip. I have it currently set on "no proxy" and still nothing has changed... do you think its a possibility that my school has blocked it.. and forgot to unblock it when they handed it over to me for my uni studies? cheers.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
Registered Member

Is there anyway you could reinstall Firefox. or did you try using IE just to see if the sites are also blocked in IE....
Old 07-03-2009, 03:51 AM   #5
Registered Member

It does work on IE but I prefer firefox just because it works alot better then IE haha. Ill try reinstalling in the morning and get back to you. cheers.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #6
Registered Member

Yes, I agree I personally use Firefox as my default browser. But if it's not blocked in IE than I doubt it has anything to do with any school settings or blocking....I'll wait to hear back ..
Old 07-05-2009, 01:34 AM   #7
Registered Member

Dam.. its blocked in IE too school must have forgot to remove settings... any suggestions? :S I might have to take it back to the school to get it fixed.