Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Mozilla/Firefox Browsers

Can't get into a Java chat room

This is a discussion on Can't get into a Java chat room within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Specifically, these chats, I haven't been able to get in to them in about a month. General Chat - in

Old 09-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Specifically, these chats, I haven't been able to get in to them in about a month. General Chat - in the new style ChatZone. The email for support doesn't work, neither do the two emails listed for the domain at whois/networksolutions. Well, the one listed for Jason Whathisname says something like the mailbox is full, rather something like (I'd have to send it again, think I deleted the message) Quota Exceeded, etc.

Here, with Charter, the error I get is "erroneus nickname," no matter what nick I try (even just random letters, or something that actually DOES make sense) I have the latest version of Java, but that's not helping either.

Today I tried to wi-fi spots, one at a Restaurant that has Comcast for it's ISP, and one at a Barnes and Noble which AT&T, both times, I was able to connect to the internet just fine, but when I went and tried to enter a room in Chat-Web, I got this error.

Quote:
Closing link metg[advanced@XXXXX.hsd1.nh.comcast.(or ATT)net (Must be Java)
Does anyone know what the "Must be Java" part is supposed to mean, what must be Java? It can't be my java version as I already have the latest.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I am not able to get in here, see this thread:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...om-601340.html

I had a friend of mine try getting in with his computer, no problems at all.

Anyway, I did find out something new. When I go to java website it tells me this

Quote:
We have detected the following old versions of Java that are installed on your system:

* Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1
* Java(TM) 6 Update 2
* Java(TM) 6 Update 3
But only Java 6 update 27 is in my add/remove programs list. None of these are listed in, which it says to remove.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Sigh, oh well just I wonder what the problem is java, or what, I've tried reinstalling it. I've tried using 2 wi fi hotspots and I tried using another computer on our home network, the help email on that site doesn't work wonder what it could be, some issue with their site? Java? I'm totally in the dark here.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Please visit here: Verify Java Version

Are you up to date?

What browser are you using to access the site? (version/build)

Do you have firewalls enabled? what are your security settings?

..Notepad++ | CoffeeCup | WAMP | GIMP | VLC | Debut | CometBird | Web Dev
Laxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Well, I found they blocked my ISP in my area, cause they were having trouble with hacker/miscreants, wonder when they'll let me back in (not that I had anything to do with it)