Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Programming

[SOLVED] looking for a class

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] looking for a class within the Programming forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i got a program im making that involves sending an email using SMTP (it will have no need for pop3

Old 10-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

i got a program im making that involves sending an email using SMTP (it will have no need for pop3 or message receiving anything). im looking for a good C++ class that i can attach to the program so that it makes a portable app. Im coding this in NATIVE C++ not VC++ but i would like a library similar to microsofts SmtpClient Class (System.Net.Mail). ive found a few but they were either not working (outdated) or so big that it involves tons of source files to be imported to the project which decreases the light efficiency that i aim for in this simple program.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
Emeritus

My System

Look at POCO C++: Overview | POCO C++ Libraries

Happens to be under the Boost license and should run on a wide variety of platforms.

Has it been a few days since I replied to your thread? Don't panic! I'm usually very busy and may forget a post if I'm extra busy (or it might just take me a while to be able to do a decent reply). If you still need help and are awaiting my reply after a few days, PM me about it.

When posting what errors you get, please give the full message. It makes helping you much easier.
shuuhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:31 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuuhen View Post
Look at POCO C++: Overview | POCO C++ Libraries

Happens to be under the Boost license and should run on a wide variety of platforms.
thanks for your reply but i believe i found something much smaller and more specific to what i need now. Its pretty much directly what i was looking for and it can be found here CFastSmtp - Fast and easy SMTP class... - CodeProject

this thread can be marked SOLVED :D