Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The IT Pro > Programming

Issue in accessing 32 bit C++ DLL in Windows Server 2008

This is a discussion on Issue in accessing 32 bit C++ DLL in Windows Server 2008 within the Programming forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi All,
We are facing a critical issue in our application and I need your help in solving this issue:

Currently our application is communicating with Mainframes to get the Statements and we are using AFP2PDF converter to convert the AFP file format from Mainframes to the PDF format. The flow of the application is like :
.Net applicationàstiSocket dll àAFP2PDF dll
(C++ Dll) (C++ Dll)

Existing application in deployed in Windows Server 2003 (32 – bit System) and the stiSocket dll is built for 32 bit and AFP2PDF dll is also built for 32 bit. So there is no problem in the existing application.

Now we are deploying the code in Windows Server 2008 (64 – bit system) and the first problem we faced is the communication between the >net application and the stiSocket.dll. This issue occurs because the 64-bit application tries to call the 32 bit stiSocket.dll. we solved this issue by re-compiling the stiSocket application in a 64 bit system and we changed the setting of the project to work the dll in 64 bit system.
(we had the source code of the stiSocket application).

Then the problem comes when the stiSocket.dll communicates with the AFP2PDF dll. This again occurs when the 64 bit stiSocket dll communicates with the 32 bit version of AFP2PDF dll. We could not able to change the settings for this dll as we don’t have the source code for this dll.

Is there any way to call the 32 bit C++ dll in the 64 version of dll?

Kindly give your comments on this issue.

Thanks

Old 11-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Moderator - Microsoft Support Team

Moved to programming for better help

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Repost Per: CatByte Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem
Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem Hello, I hope I'm at the right area for help. This pc I'm on was infected with Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD. I was able to get to the net somehow and I installed and ran Malwarebytes and got rid of SmartHDD. Then I ran Windows Defender and it found...
mg67 Resolved HJT Threads 23 07-30-2012 07:24 AM
Kernal Data Inpage Error
Hi all, Recently been having a problem with my laptop and have absolutely no idea how to get around the problem despite hundreds of Google searches. It seems that every issue of the same problem is different in terms of fixing it. And that is why I pick your wise heads. :) The message, and...
eastwood40 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 35 01-02-2012 02:37 PM
Redirect Virus
Hi, Since about a month I've noticed that whenever I run google search after clicking at link in results page I'm being redirected to some random pages. I've ignored it at first as I thought It's harmless, however after making some research I notice it's a serious problem and after failing...
Asator616 Resolved HJT Threads 17 11-17-2011 05:21 PM
Slow browsing
I've had somewhat slow browsing as of late. Here are my logs: . DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_22 Run by marvin glick at 2:44:06 on 2011-11-02 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1982.1173 . AV:...
sailor86 Inactive Malware Help Topics 0 11-02-2011 01:53 AM
Probably Phished; Avira scans incomplete; Winpatrol stalls while"verifying startup pr
Hi there, E here. Probably got Phished while signing into redbox.com located via google search vice saved link :( Multiple Avira scans incomplete; Winpatrol stalls while "verifying startup programs" forcing reboot; linking attach.zip to post also froze pc requiring reboot. 2nd attempt at...
ebernheisel Resolved HJT Threads 50 09-29-2011 12:27 PM