Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

Trend Micro Internet Security: Chrome Rendered Unusable

This is a discussion on Trend Micro Internet Security: Chrome Rendered Unusable within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My new laptop came with a free trial for Trend Micro's Internet Security. I thought it would be a fabulous

Old 07-02-2016, 07:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

My new laptop came with a free trial for Trend Micro's Internet Security. I thought it would be a fabulous thing to have, until the Chrome extension basically killed the browser. I had been setting up the new suggested settings and all went well. Upon restarting Chrome, all of my extensions had started crashing, and I am unable to do literally anything. Bundled with Chrome, I have: Adblock Plus, Lightshot, and Windscribe VPN. None of these have given me an issue in the past. I'm panicking - I don't want to lose the browser I use in my everyday life. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
WarpSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2016, 08:43 PM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

Don't panic, uninstall the Trend Micro in Control Panel, Programs and Features and Windows Defender will come to life as the Antivirus program is built in to Windows 10 and is definitely capable of protecting your system without and casualties.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Rich-M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:32 PM   #3
Registered Member

Interestingly enough, removing it fixed the problem on its own, but it deleted my Lightshot extension. Well, thank you for taking the time to help me out. :)
WarpSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

Great why not mark this solved in the first post under "Thread Tools" in the first post.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Rich-M is online now   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search