Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

The "open with" question in Chrome

This is a discussion on The "open with" question in Chrome within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This question pertains to Chrome on an Android device specifically (if it would be better to post this question in

Old 10-26-2016, 10:31 AM   #1
Registered Member

This question pertains to Chrome on an Android device specifically (if it would be better to post this question in the Android section of this forum, please let me know). You know how when you open a certain kind of link and Chrome asks you if you want to open the page with a particular app (in this case Google Maps) and it gives you the options of "just once" or "always?" Well, today I accidentally tapped "always" and now wish to undo it so that I'll go back to being asked every time I try to open such a page. Is there any way to make this happen -- to essentially undo my answer of "always"? Thank you.
JSS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2016, 10:36 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Select the app and "clear defaults".

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #3
Registered Member

Probably a stupid question, but what heading is that under for Google Maps? I'm on the Settings page and see Google location settings, location accuracy tips, maps history, etc., but nothing about clearing defaults. So, anything more specific would be appreciated. Thanks again.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:16 PM   #4
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Hi,

Settings >> Application Manager >> Then select Google Chrome, not Maps

You may have to scroll down a little to see the Clear Defaults button.

Submit New Articles Here Help us by posting your System Specs

Save the Earth........ It's the only planet with Chocolate!!
Deejay100six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:22 PM   #5

My System

Oops, I hadn't read your original post properly.

The Clear Defaults button should be there in Maps too if you scroll down a little.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:42 PM   #6
Registered Member

Hmm, I promise you it's not (obviously no reason to make this up!). Did you also see in my original post that this pertains to an Android device, in case that makes a difference?
Old 10-27-2016, 03:09 PM   #7
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Maybe reading this will clear it up for you: How to set and clear default applications in Android | Greenbot

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:24 PM   #8

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSS10 View Post
Hmm, I promise you it's not (obviously no reason to make this up!). Did you also see in my original post that this pertains to an Android device, in case that makes a difference?
Of course theres no reason to make it up, I wasn't suggesting you had.

And, of course, it makes a difference that your post pertains to an Android device. Unfortunately, (for me) I got a Samsung Galaxy Fame on contract from my ISP. Also unfortunately, it runs the Android operating system.

I don't pretend to know a lot about Android but I actually had the page open as I posted.

I wonder if you are looking at the settings for the application within the app itself?

Just in case I'm right, I was talking about the actual phone settings. You should close Chrome and access the phones built in application manager.