Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

[SOLVED] chrome. msn tab opens when i open browser

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] chrome. msn tab opens when i open browser within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi all so i turned on my pc this morning and launched chrome to do some things but i did

Old 11-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

hi all

so i turned on my pc this morning and launched chrome to do some things but i did a tab also opened to msns home page (uk.msn.com/?pc=UP21&ocid=UP21DHP&dt=112712]MSN UK | Hotmail, Messenger, Latest news, Sport, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Cars) how do i get this to stop? if i wanted to go to that horrible site i'd go there my self i certainly dont want to start every time i open my browser

I'm using windows 7 64

Old 11-28-2012, 04:06 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Open the Chrome Settings page and change the 'on start-up' option. If this doesn't fix it, your computer might be infected. Post back for more details.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:58 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

that did it thank you! though i didnt set it to do that in the first place
Old 11-28-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

If it happens again, it could be an infection hijacking your homepage, but they don't usually redirect to MSN, so you should be ok.

It's probably due to some other software or toolbar that you've installed recently that has changed the homepage without your permission, possibly an optional checkbox that you didn't see while installing.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
Registered Member

My System

yeah possibly though I'd rather give my pc a bath than install a toolbar

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Super slow and facebook/email hacked
This is my girlfriends computer. It has become super slow and most recently has had tons of popups and was hacked by something she clicked on that went into her facebook and e-mail account. Her passwords have been changed on my computer. Thanks for all the help! DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) -...
Invertediq Resolved HJT Threads 12 11-11-2011 08:34 PM
[SOLVED] I created a User and cannot now access google chrome browser
Hello there. There was only one user account on my xp system named Administrator. Google chrome browser was installed and working properly. Then I created another user account. (Why I needed new user is a long story). After that there is no user account named Administrator and moreover, with...
bringo Windows XP Support 9 03-05-2011 06:20 PM
[SOLVED] VCExpress Problem, Probably AppData\Permissions Problem?
I think it should be related to this forum because I think the problem is something with AppData \ Permissions which is related to Windows 7. I'm having a problem while running\installing Visual C++. The problem started 2 days ago, it did work before. When I'm trying to run I'm getting this...
benben12 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 8 02-09-2011 12:45 PM
Netgear FVX538 Firewall
Hi All, I am a newly joined to these forum, hopefully this is the correct section to post my inquiry. could anyone help me secure my network. we are running windows server 2003. the services installed are exchange 2003, AD, DNS, and our antivirus is Escan. When i am blocking some ports...
pdelcast Networking Support 3 02-07-2011 04:34 PM
How to disable your security applications
Note: Those which do not have the instructions for re-enabling are usually re-enabled by a reboot. Once the scans are completed, be sure to Turn On "Real-Time Scanning". Adaware 10 Free/Pro Antivirus Open Ad-aware 10 Click on "Real-time Protection" in the left panel, and toggle it...
amateur Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 0 06-14-2010 01:12 PM