Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New User - didn't see where else to post this

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  koala 
#1 ·
I LOGGED INTO MY YAHOO CLASSIC ACCOUNT TODAY AND GOT A HUGE ANNOYING MESSAGE WARNING ME I WOULD GET THIS ANNOYING MESSAGE EACH TIME I LOGGED IN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 6TH. IT ASKED ME TO CHANGE AWAY FROM YAHOO CLASSIC WHICH I WANT TO STAY WITH SO I IN VAIN TRIED TO ASK YAHOO CHAT A SIMPLE QUESTION: "WHAT HAPPENS AFTER SEPT. 6 AND WILL YOU BE REMOVING YAHOO CLASSIC?" PLEASE SEE THE TRANSCRIPT BELOW AND COMMENT ANY THOUGHTS OR INSIGHTS YOU HAVE . THANK YOU. NOTE - SHE NEVER ANSWERED MY QUESTION ABOUT SELECTING MORE THAN ONE PICTURE AT A TIME WHEN ATTACHING. Sorry for all caps. Anyone on this site know the answer to that? Thanks a lot. Oh, the transcript below is copy/pasted but slightly cleaned up for minor typos and also I removed my private email address.

Please wait for a Yahoo! agent to respond. You are currently number 17 in the queue. Your estimated wait time is 6 minutes, 59 seconds.

All Yahoo! agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. A Yahoo! agent will be with you shortly. Your expected wait time is approximately 4 minutes.

All Yahoo! agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. A Yahoo! agent will be with you shortly. Your expected wait time is approximately 3 minutes.

All Yahoo! agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. A Yahoo! agent will be with you shortly. Your expected wait time is approximately 2 minutes.

All Yahoo! agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. A Yahoo! agent will be with you shortly. Your expected wait time is approximately 0 minutes.

All Yahoo! agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. A Yahoo! agent will be with you shortly. Your expected wait time is approximately 0 minutes.

You are now chatting with Sofie

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK5390211057X

Sofie: Hi! Welcome to our Yahoo! Mail Live Chat service. I'm glad you've joined us.
Karen: need to step away - if I miss you PLEASE PLEASE JUST REPLY TO MY QUESTION POSED. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER 9/6/2011 TO MY YAHOO CLASSIC. I LIKE IT BEST AND IF "IT AINT BROKEN, DON'T TRY TO FIX" - I DO NO WANT TO CHANGE - IF YAHOO MAKES ME CHANGE I WILL GO ELSEWHERE LIKE TO GOOGLE.
Sofie: Thank you for providing us the details of your issue.
Karen: are you there?
Karen: oh good
Sofie: In my understanding, you want your account to be switched back to the old version Yahoo! Mail Classic, am I correct?
Karen: Will Yahoo Classic Exist after 9/6 and if so, will any part be missing? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karen: I NEVER SWITCHED AWAY!!! I TRIED NEWER VERSIONS AND WAS QUITE UNHAPPY (TO PUT IT MILDLY)
Karen: WHY DO YOU KEEP SENDING ME MESSAGES UNTIL 9/6. WHAT HAPPENS ON SEPTEMBER 6? WHAT HAPPENS TO MY CLASSIC YAHOO?
Sofie: I see. Thank you for clarifying.
Sofie: Is ... the Yahoo! ID which you are having issues with?
Karen: TWO OTHER QUESTIONS: 1) is there any way to "select" multiple attachements like pictures or can I only select one at a time? is that only because I still use Yahoo Classic? Or are my settings off?
Karen: NO - i am not having any ISSUES with that account. i simply wish to know if you are getting rid of Yahoo classic. Simply put: Are you getting rid of Yahoo Classic?
Karen: What happens on September 6?
Sofie: To assist you further on this, may I know if this account belongs to you?
Karen: All over your Yahoo screens warn me I will get a message asking me to switch AWAY from Yahoo Classic. What if I do not? Will I lose it? Will I lose messages?
Karen: you are exasperating. Yes that acct is mine but i don't have an issue with it. just want to know how to keep Yahoo Classic. I don't mean to sound rude but don't know how else to simply put my question
Sofie: I understand. Thank you for confirming.
Sofie: With regards to your concern, may I know where do you receive that message?
Sofie: Is that a notificiation screen form Yahoo! or an email in your Inbox>?
Karen: I believe after i login to the acct or maybe AT login - can't recall. Why does it matter? Can't you just answer - SIMPLY - WILL YAHOO CLASSIC EXIST AFTER 9/6? JUST FOR THE OFFICIAL RECORD I AM SO FRUSTRATED THAT YOU WON'T ANSWER A QUESTION I'VE POSED AT LEAST 6 TIMES THAT I WILL COPY/PASTE THIS ENTIRE ACCOUNT TO VARIOUS FORUMS TO SHOW OTHERS JUST HOW RIDICULOUS YAHOO HELP IS. IMAGINE IF I ACTUALLY HAD HARD OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS! DO YOU HAVE A SUPERVISOR?
Sofie: I cannot answer your question, until I found out when you get that message, Karen.
Karen: Are you a computer or a Person? Can't you just answer what happens to Yahoo Classic after 9/6? I refuse to answer any more of your questions. You keep answering my simple question with more questions.
Sofie: I am a live person, Karen. But please understand that beofre we conckude unto something we need to investigate this first.
Karen: Maybe if I post this to Youtube and various technical Computer forums, I will get a REAL answer. You are frustrating me to no end.
Sofie: Please let me know where you get this message.
Sofie: Is it thru an email message or a notification screen?
Sofie: Because if it is thru an email and someone send that out to you. I need you to forward that mail to our email address for further investigation.
Sofie: Because it is possible that it is a phishing email froma hacker.
Karen: Why? why can't you just answer????????????? you are either discontinuing Yahoo Classic or you are not. Why are you playing games with your "customers"/users??????????????????????????
Karen: No - it is YOUR MESSAGE WHEN I LOGIN - NOT AN EMAIL
Sofie: I cannot answer that, I need that information so that we can know if that message is legitimate.
Karen: I ALREADY TOLD YOU I CAN'T RECALL THE EXACT SCREEN WHEN IT APPEARS BUT LIKELY RIGHT BEFORE SIGNING IN AND AFTER TYPING IN MY EMAIL AND PW, BUT COULD BE AFTER I SIGN IN
Karen: YOU ARE RIDICULOUS. GO LOG INTO ANY YAHOO CLASSIC ACCT AND YOU WILL SEE YOUR OWN COMPANY'S MESSAGE. I WILL POST THIS TO SOME FORUMS AND HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN REPLY TO THAT WHICH YOU ARE EITHER CLEARLY AVOIDING OR PEOPLE ON THIS CHAT HELP LINE ARE CLEARLY TRAINED POORLY OR INCOMPETENT. HOW FRUSTRATING TO HAVE ME HOLD 10 MINUTES FOR HELP AND WASTE 15 MORE MINUTES OF MY TIME. BYE.
Sofie: So, it is a notification screen, Karen. At this time, we're encouraging all users to switch to the newest version of Yahoo! Mail which has a brand new design and has our most advanced features. If you would like to stay on Yahoo! Mail Classic, however, you can do so. Please note that you'll continue to see prompts to upgrade to the newest version of Yahoo! Mail in the coming months, but Yahoo! Mail Classic will remain an option for you. Eventually, you will have the option to opt out of upgrading; and you will no longer see these prompts.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sofie already gave you the reply to your initial question about Yahoo classic:

Sofie: So, it is a notification screen, Karen. At this time, we're encouraging all users to switch to the newest version of Yahoo! Mail which has a brand new design and has our most advanced features. If you would like to stay on Yahoo! Mail Classic, however, you can do so. Please note that you'll continue to see prompts to upgrade to the newest version of Yahoo! Mail in the coming months, but Yahoo! Mail Classic will remain an option for you. Eventually, you will have the option to opt out of upgrading; and you will no longer see these prompts.
Bolding mine.

#3 ·
If you had simply answered Sofie's questions without yelling at her, you would have been given the answer to your question much quicker.

These Yahoo support techs deserve a medal for having the patience to deal with people like you so calmly.

Turn your caps lock off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.