Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

issues on viewing livestreams in Chrome

This is a discussion on issues on viewing livestreams in Chrome within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

I've been experiencing issues when playing certain livestreams when using the Google Chrome web browser on my ASUS R500A laptop computer.

I got that computer back in July 2012 (and it was pre-loaded with Windows 7 Home Premium. It has since been upgraded to Windows 10 Home) and I didn't had any problems in general whatsoever.

However, When I tried to view the livestreams on my computer (i.e. Channels from Canada such TSN, CTV, Global, CP24, etc.), it gives me this message:

Quote:
"We’ve detected an incompatibility to your Chrome flash player.
For optimum viewing experience, please change your default settings as explained " here"
and enable Adobe Flash or use another supported browser."
I have the Ublock ad-blocking tool installed on my browser and I've tried disabling it - with no success. The Adobe Flash Player plugin was up-to-date along with the Google Chrome web browser.

I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing the Google Chrome browser, but with no success. So far, re-installing my laptop computer - just to fix this particular issue is currently not an option.

To summarize, even though that I have the up to date web browser and plugin, I always get that "incompatibility message". I've attached a message of that for illustration purposes.

I also have a similar case for my Acer Aspire desktop that I bought recently (June 2015) and it was able to play successfully and also to cast through the use of the ChromeCast add-on. In case of my laptop, I have to view in another web browser (i.e. Firefox) just to display the live stream!

I simply don't want the hassle of using one computer from one room and then cast into another room - just to watch live streams!

Have you folks have the same or very similar situation as mine and if so, how do you solve it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Incompatibility display message.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	270514  
simon726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2016, 05:52 PM   #2
Registered Member

UPDATE:

Sorry that I didn't provide an update since I posted this problem, but I was able to get the livestream and other video stuff working - by resetting the Chrome Profile folder.

It involves these steps and I had witnessed from my own experience:

1) Un-installing Chrome
2) deleting the Current Chrome Profile folder in Windows
3) re-installing Chrome
4) Verifying that the livestream was working.

As a result of that, I have to rebuild my chrome profile from scratch. By saying that, I have to re-install my Chrome browser extensions, restoring the favorites/bookmarks from my Google account and other stuff.

The steps that I did - eliminated the need to re-install my operating system. I hope that these steps may be useful for anyone who had problems with their Chrome browser issues.

Sources:
How to Locate the Current Chrome Profile Folder
https://productforums.google.com/for...me/vE0K9wPvfYo
How to completely Uninstall & Re-Install Google Chrome - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos
simon726 is offline   Reply With Quote