Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

I keep getting this weird pop-up every time I turn on my comp. and after it loads..

This is a discussion on I keep getting this weird pop-up every time I turn on my comp. and after it loads.. within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So every time I log onto my computer my internet opens up automatically, first thing, and it always shows me

Old 10-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

So every time I log onto my computer my internet opens up automatically, first thing, and it always shows me this page called hits4pay.com or something like that...
its really annoying...like this is the first thing that happens when i turn on my computer..I dont even go on the internet ..this just pops up and I dont know why..
Does anyone know how I can get rid of it??
Ive never even heard of this site..its so weird..I have no idea why this happens..

Is there anything I can do to get rid of this..? I didn't even do anything...I just want to get rid of this..and I just finished scanning my comp. with an anti-virus program and an adware program and a registry mechanic program and it didn't find anything..
and I still get this pop up..

How can I get rid of it..?
Can someone help me out.?

-Thanks=)

Old 10-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via AIM to Rataru101

Hmm well its definitly a virus/addware. What anti virus program are you useing? PCTools I believe is good protection but this thing could be going pretty deep. Look up Spyware Doctor.

Also,
Take a look at you startup config. There should be something there telling it to do so. Im not at my home computer and my work comp doesnt allow me to edit setting but I BELIEVE this can be done by clicking START>RUN> MSConfig. There should be a startup tab there.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
Registered Member

I used Avast anti-virus and ad-aware program and registry mechanic..
I'll try PCTools and Spyware Doctor.

Ooh I went to MSConfig and then startup programs and then I looked and that program is there.. Hits4pay.url..I don't even know how that got there..
so now how can I delete it from there..or do I need to go to it's location and delete it from there..?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Follow the steps listed here> http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html < and be patient the Malware forum is very busy.
Wrench97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via AIM to Rataru101

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpezxcandix View Post
I used Avast anti-virus and ad-aware program and registry mechanic..
I'll try PCTools and Spyware Doctor.

Ooh I went to MSConfig and then startup programs and then I looked and that program is there.. Hits4pay.url..I don't even know how that got there..
so now how can I delete it from there..or do I need to go to it's location and delete it from there..?
You can change the settings to stop it from running on start up. But this is only a temporary fix. You will want to remove what ever is behind it. For now, follow the above link.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
Registered Member

Alright, thanks!