Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

How to uninstall safesearch.net

This is a discussion on How to uninstall safesearch.net within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Im really annoyed that this crap has invaded my laptop. I have obviously agreed to install it somewhere with out

Old 06-11-2013, 05:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

Im really annoyed that this crap has invaded my laptop. I have obviously agreed to install it somewhere with out realising it. Sneaky bastards.

Ive unistalled in on control panel and gone to internet explorer, tools and disabled it but it wont give me the option to remove it. There are instructions on their site on how to remove it but i dont know where half the stuff they are telling me to go to are!!

How to i remove it completely guys? x

Old 06-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

It sounds like you need help with cleaning out malware, Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

Old Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
It sounds like you need help with cleaning out malware, Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.
Yes you will have to head over to the link provided. We can not offer assistance on removal of adware, spyware, and malware here at the Microsoft support team.

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
JackBauer_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
Registered Member

ok thanks guys. Will try it x
Old 06-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
Registered Member

Hi, ive followed the instructions in the link you provided. Thank you

I send the files (ark, dds and attach) to you now? I want to make sure i post it in the right place, i dont want to get told off! ha Do i make a new thread in the spyware section?

I cant get into internet explorer via start, internet. It says there are no add ons. Is that normal? How do i get the add ons back on so i can browse normally? xxx
Old 06-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
Registered Member

ive just read that i post it over to you so forget that bit. Just need help with the add ons. Thanks xx
Old 06-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
Registered Member

Do i send info over via new thread?
Old 06-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #8
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Start a new thread with the logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.
Old Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #9
Registered Member

ok thanks Rich