Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

How to get rid of pop ups in Chrome?

This is a discussion on How to get rid of pop ups in Chrome? within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Oh thanks for the tip! didn't know that :) Forgot to mention the malwarebytes thing, I do not remember what

Old 05-18-2016, 12:14 PM   #41
Registered Member

Oh thanks for the tip! didn't know that :)

Forgot to mention the malwarebytes thing, I do not remember what kind of threat was found at the time..did you want me to scan again?
CK007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2016, 09:52 PM   #42
Hardware Tech Team

Send a message via Yahoo to Stancestans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK007 View Post
Oh thanks for the tip! didn't know that :)

Forgot to mention the malwarebytes thing, I do not remember what kind of threat was found at the time..did you want me to scan again?
It's best to scan your system regularly, say at least once a week. You can schedule a full scan to run when you're not using the computer, say at night when you're sleeping. I'm not sure if the free version of Malwarebytes has support for scheduled scans, but if it doesn't, you can manually start a scan before going to bed or taking a long break. It's also advisable to use an online scanner for a second scan just in case your resident scanner missed something. If reinfection persists or the scanners fail to remove a particular infection, you may have to post back in the malware forum. Note that some detections are not really malware, for instance tracking cookies, PUPs and PUAs are not necessarily malware but will often be detected by various scanners as infections. Those can be ignored, but they are riskware, for example bit torrent clients.

If the pop ups issue has been resolved, kindly mark this thread as solved by clicking on Thread Tools. Other problem(s) going forward should be posted in the relevant section(s) in new threads to get better assistance with them.
Stancestans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:17 AM   #43
Registered Member

Ok, will do, and just use any kind of online scanner?

Thank you very much for your help and time, I appreciate it! :)
have a nice day!
CK007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search