Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to add MS Edge to Open With menu in Win10?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pjfarr 
#1 ·
I prefer to use IE 11 as my default browser in Windows 10 but have added Firefox and Chrome to the Open With menus of .url and .html file types for when I want to open those particular file types in those browsers. I've been trying to figure out how to add MS Edge to the Open With menu as well but am stumped. The usual method (the way I added Firefox and Chrome) doesn't appear to work for Edge. The Microsoft Edge caption and its icon appear in the Open With menu but it doesn't open.

Any ideas?

#2 ·
Edge should be pinned to the task bar upon delivery of the OS to your machine.but as in many cases it can be easily moved, without realising.

try going into Start menu/screen, find Microsoft Edge icon, right-click, select "Pin to Taskbar," and done. Edge should be pinned back at the end of the taskbar.

other ways may help, too:
Don't click on the Microsoft edge icon on the start list. Go to the list of programs (all app.) after you click on the start button and search for the Microsoft edge program (or app) and then right click it. You will see "pin to taskbar" there.
How to Start Edge with Google or Any Custom Start Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.