Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

Google street view black screen on Chrome.

This is a discussion on Google street view black screen on Chrome. within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have latest Chrome version 55.0.2883.87m, I'm using W10 and have the black street view. I've searched for an answer,

Old 01-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have latest Chrome version 55.0.2883.87m, I'm using W10 and have the black street view. I've searched for an answer, but none seem to work. Turning off hardware acceleration in the Chrome settings only worked temporarily. I turned it off, and got the street view, but the scrolling was "herky-jerky", not smooth. With the street view still up, I re-checked the hardware acceleration, and the smooth scrolling returned. BUT, it was only temporary! When I closed Chrome and re-started it, I got the "black screen of death" back in the street view.
Brinybay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2017, 02:55 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hi there,

Beside putting hardware acceleration off you can try:
- Clearing cache
-

- Try this instead: https://www.google.com/maps/@?force=lite

Googling shows me there are lately more issues regarding streetview and maps.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #3
Registered Member

Apparently it was something on Google's end and has been resolved w/o the end user doing anything. Many others had the same problem.
Brinybay is offline   Reply With Quote