Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

google chrome problems....please help.

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  awaisagha 
#1 ·
hi guys!
i have some issues regarding the google chrome browser.i am seeking some help as i dont get why i am facing them.
1.i am using google chrome and firefox both.i use firefox for all works and chrome for social networking.but i dont know for what reasons,chrome sits so much in system ram that it doesn't let other things to work,i have to close chrome and i can do everything using firefox,along with other things,but with chrome i cant.
2.i have set chrome to set up for synchronization,it sync perfectly but it says in chrome settings panel to manage sync data on google dashboard but on google dashboard i cant manage it,there are just 2 options,either turn off sync of google privacy policy.

i am using windows xp sp3 on a low spec system,it has 2.8ghz processor,1gb ram,with nvidia 256mb vga.although this is not so much low spec,but then why chrome makes this problem.

#2 ·
I switched over from Google Chrome to Firefox as I too had similar issues. If I left my PC running for more than a day, usually downloading something, then if I just want to surf the web with Chrome, I cannot even get into it, before having to restart my PC. I notice at that time Chrome consumes about 70-80mb of RAM and you cannot "End Process" in the taskbar, only option is Restart. I still use Chrome now and then, cause I have an extension on it for Facebook that I use. Firefox is my current default browser and works much better. My PC is much faster than yours with 4GB of RAM, but I know how it feels.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
i had dell laptop "studio 1737",mannnn i lovedddd it like my girl friend :p it had 3ghz dual core processor with 4gb ram,and i know what u mean,i even used photoshop cs5,vmware workstation both working same time,and i never felt at all that my system is slow,and u know vmware workstation takes quite a lot system memory.well i had to sell it for some reasons,now i am using dell desktop system,and i never understood whats this problem that chrome sucks this much system memory.if u ever found its solution,please do let me know too,i will be very thankful to u.

#4 ·
I haven't found the solution yet, so that's why I moved over to Firefox after much deliberation, as I was so used to Chrome. Turns out Firefox is very similar to Chrome and more system friendly.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
well it was a good talk with u,i just wanted to tell u something interesting,i also planned to shift completely to firefox,but some of the chrome extensions stop me :p i read some articles on google,that it is possible to port the chrome extensions and convert them for firefox,but it needs some coding,and some c+ knowledge.well i am though an advanced user but not this much.i thought u might want to look at that.may be u can do the coding for the extensions for moving to firefox.
more over,i found another browser,thats pretty much same to firefox,i think it is some project of firefox,its name is wyzo browser,do give it a try,it installs all the firefox add-ons and installs themes too.it has additional feature to download the torrents which NOW in latest versions firefox does not support.but overall my experience with it was quite good.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks mate. At the moment I'm happy with my current browsers. I too do not know how to convert extensions to Firefox, that's why I only use Chrome once in a while.

#9 ·
yes i uninstalled all the junk stuff that i had installed and it worked much smoother.but i dont get the reason,if this kind of thing would create chrome to take more system memory,why then google has created a mess of applications,extensions.firefox in comparison doesn't do this.they run very smooth even with huge junk stuff installed.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
just by the way i thought to tell u,i did something which caused chrome to become so much light that i never expected.i uninstalled all junkies which i never used,the extensions,the apps etc.just 2-3 extensions which i need.and you wont believe,chrome ran many times faster,yet i again googled for this situation,and i got to know that every page,extension,app in chrome runs as separate.i mean if you have opened facebook,and in a new tab you opened youtube,it will be opened as new chrome window and takes the same much load as the previous window,yet the sites with java or flash content would obviously take more load than simple web sites.instead i compared it with firefox,this is plus feature of firefox that it doesn't open a new window(a new instance for task manager),as chrome does.
hope i helped you too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.