Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

google chrome crashing on xp

This is a discussion on google chrome crashing on xp within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm using Google Chrome on a Windows XP Prof SP3 machine and lately it has been crashing more often. Latest

Old 12-07-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm using Google Chrome on a Windows XP Prof SP3 machine and lately it has been crashing more often. Latest one I had about four chrome browsers open with multiple tabs and all of them shut down. The other applications running on my machine were not affected including IE.
The error message I got that time was:
"chrome.exe - Application Error" heading
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Tonight it has done so again. This time it was:
dwwin.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000012d). Click on OK to terminate the application.

My computer had been shut down and restarted in between those messages. I have not tried reinstalling chrome. I am also uncertain whether why chrome is crashing is due to chrome or xp at this point due to the second message. I am going to continue digging around on google and would appreciate any advice or help that can be offered. I am hoping to find something better than this: http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...ly-0xc0000142/

Old 12-31-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
Registered Member

My google chrome runs perfectly on my Windows XP professional SP2. Try scanning your PC for Viruses and spyware.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

Try to un-install and re-install from http://www.google.com/chrome/index.h...&utm_medium=ha
Otherwise report the issue, and see if they have allready found out what the issue is.

Hamdhan was saing to get a virus cleaner. Try either microsoft essentials, or avg anivirus free edition. I've used those 2, and it has detected viruses, and it's very fast.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:07 AM   #4
Registered Member

Grin

I just use AVG 9 Free Edition. Just like jeffreylb94 said, these are very fast scanners which can free your computer from viruses and will help open programs such as google Chrome. By the way...Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #5
Registered Member

I use Spybot S&D and PC Tools Spyware Doctor and scan regularly. I also have Hijack This and have done a scan and there did not seem to be anything noticeably bad. I seem to be having some memory problem. I've been using chrome for months and it use to work fine. I'm wondering if installing python or some other program has unsettled something. Happy New Years!