Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

Chrome settings, passwords & bookmarks exporting & importing problem

This is a discussion on Chrome settings, passwords & bookmarks exporting & importing problem within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a new computer & would like to import the Chrome settings, bookmarks & passwords from my old laptop

Old 06-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have a new computer & would like to import the Chrome settings, bookmarks & passwords from my old laptop to my new one, with Firefox there is a app called FEBE

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/febe/

It back up's the whole profile & then on the new PC you can just install Firefox & FEBE & then import the whole profile, but i cannot find anything like this for Chrome which i am now using as my main browser, there are a couple of apps but none of them seem to back everything up.

Please help.

I have read about 'Chrome Sync' but i do not want my info stored in the 'cloud' as i do not trust the security of it & i do not want to have to be signed into Chrome all the time (i never have signed in).

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Virus and Trojan problems on my computer
I have been having problems with my computer today. I have run Spybot S&D many times and everytime I run it, it comes up with a malware known as "SmithFraud-C.Generic." It tells me to fix the problem and I do. I run the S&D again to double check and the problem is back. Also, I have run...
MAVSFAN82 Resolved HJT Threads 50 12-30-2011 12:53 PM
[SOLVED] Command line problem
Hi, I wanted to be able to induce the screensaver on my monitor when I was finished working. So, I followed the instructions on this link: How can I turn off the monitor (i.e., "put it to - Microsoft Answers EXCEPT that the second part of the instruction doesn't work i.e. the monitor...
priapus Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 50 06-18-2011 10:17 AM
How to disable your security applications
Note: Those which do not have the instructions for re-enabling are usually re-enabled by a reboot. Once the scans are completed, be sure to Turn On "Real-Time Scanning". Adaware 10 Free/Pro Antivirus Open Ad-aware 10 Click on "Real-time Protection" in the left panel, and toggle it...
amateur Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 0 06-14-2010 01:12 PM