Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

Chrome says "Sending request..." and waits till it times out.

This is a discussion on Chrome says "Sending request..." and waits till it times out. within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everyone, In my company's corporate network Google Chrome says "Sending request..." when you try to reach to any site

Old 09-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi everyone,

In my company's corporate network Google Chrome says "Sending request..." when you try to reach to any site (except the internal sites of the company) and hangs till it times out. I can ping those sites and the result is also the same when I try to reach them with the IP address.

I've searched for the issue and tried a few things, the option to "Automatically detect proxies" in the proxy settings is checked (the result is the same when it's not also). Also IE and Firefox works fine.

Any suggestion will be really appreciated and thanks to everyone in advance,

Meibrah

Old 09-27-2011, 06:08 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate X64 and x86 SP1 & Windows XP Pro SP3

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to TheGift73

Hi meibrah and welcome to TSF.

Are you running the browser add-on free? Does this happen on a particular site?

Old 10-05-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi and thanks for the welcome,

Chrome is add-on free. It works in the company network sites, also it opens Gmail and Web Store but for example not google.com (or any other sites for that matter).

A very temporary fix seems to be disabling the "Automatically detect settings" option, then closing the tabs (if there are any open) that tries to reach a site, then enabling the option again and then you can reach any site. Once you close Google Chrome and open it again the issue comes back, no site (except the few I mentioned above) is reachable.

I have to say it was working at some point and it suddenly stopped. Nothing new installed on my computer as this is a company notebook and I only use it for work. Google Chrome also works on other peoples notebooks on the same network, and it's temporarily fixed if I do the steps I mentioned above. So I think it's related to my computer somehow.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate X64 and x86 SP1 & Windows XP Pro SP3

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to TheGift73

Have you tried completely uninstalling (inc all settings) Chrome and then reinstalling it?

Backup your bookmarks first though.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
Registered Member

Yes I did. Twice actually. First time it runs it is fine and once closed and open it's the same issue again.

To test further I've brought my notebook home tonight. With my wireless at home it works fine. I've also connected to my company network with VPN and it still works fine.

I'll reinstall Google Chrome at home and try later at the office.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
Registered Member

So I reinstalled Chrome at home and since using at the office without any problems so far.

However this time I didn't turned the sync option on. That is one of the best features of Chrome in my opinion which I'm using on every different computer I have to use and it's a pity if this is the cause for some reason. I'll test it whenever I have the will to do it.

I also never visited and logged in to any company internal sites just in case. So far so good.