Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome Extensions Not Working and More

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Stancestans 
#1 ·
I have an administrator and standard account on this pc. Windows 8.1. On the standard account when using Chrome the extensions such as disconnect, ublock orign, and https everywhere do not show each time chrome is opened and the bookmarks bar also does not show each time chrome is opened. Why did this happen? I don't have this issue on the administrator account.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling chrome but that did not fix the issue. Would you suggest deleting the account and make a new account? Or is there a setting in chrome that I need to check? The always show bookmarks bar box is checked.
Anything else I could try instead of deleting and making a new account?

When trying to make a new windows user account by clicking settings then change pc settings I got an error box. The error box I mean is the one on the bottom of the screen shot with the black arrow in it. I do not know how else to make a new user account or why I got the error box. Please tell me what I need to do to fix this.

I found this. When I tried to open PC settings in safe mode I was unable to do so. I got the same error box. I did a sfc/scannow. I don't know what any of that means or if it will help solve this issue. Would you suggest doing a refresh/restart?

Another thing that I don't know if it is helpful is that a lot of the titles on the apps screen such as Microsoft store, games, finance all have error by them.

Thanks for your help.

See less See more
#2 ·
Here is a little more information about the issue. I do not know why but sometimes the user account signs in with a temporary account. When that happens the extensions do not work in Chrome. When the user account signs in without a temporary account then the extensions in Chrome do work. Perhaps that will help solve this issue.

#3 ·
If Windows loads a temporary user account then it means your account is corrupt and Windows was not able to fully load its profile. If you've not synchronized your bookmarks, extensions, settings and other browser data, do so and repair/recreate the corrupt user account. Log out of the temporary account and log into the corrupt administrator account, open Chrome and synchronize its data with your Google account (unless you don't feel the need to). While in the administrator account, enable the in-built administrator account; from which you'll recreate the corrupt account. Do not forget to backup your data from the corrupt account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.