Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

Chrome app - Web Assistant 2.0.0.445 ?

This is a discussion on Chrome app - Web Assistant 2.0.0.445 ? within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. In my new install of Chrome i have two extensions, one called Yonto which i have disabled i found info

Old 06-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Idea

In my new install of Chrome i have two extensions, one called Yonto which i have disabled i found info on this & did not want what it was providing, but there is also another extension called Web Assistant 2.0.0.445 i have googled this but cannot find a match for it, anyone know what this is, should i delete it or just disable it, i would like to know what it does though first.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #2
Registered Member

Check the Add/Remove or Uninstall a Program Option for any Web Assistant Entries and uninstall it. Its a kind of Browser Helping object(BHO) used by certain addons like Funmoods toolbar, Incredibar...etc I would call them as Junkwares...:P

Check this page.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
Registered Member

Ok i'll have a loo at that.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with computer slow-down and possible infections.
Hello, I have 3 kids that have been using my computer, for anything from gaming to downloading music etc. I have noticed that my computer has slowed down, and I get alot of the fake alert notices that my computer is infected...blah, blah blah. I do use McAfee virus and firewall. I do scan...
krh1326 Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 03-28-2011 08:31 AM
WindowsDiagnostic please help remove
My computer just got the WindowsDiagnostic virus. From what I have read online you have to end the process. How do I do this though? When I push cntrl, alt, delete I dont have the task manager option for some reason. Also, none of my files are showing up either. Can someone please help?
ljastangs21 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 68 03-24-2011 06:39 PM
Trojan Infecting Google searches, opening Tabs in Firefox?
Greetings all. I came here in early 2009 with a problem and you guys were great, so I am hoping we can do this again. I noticed my PC (Win XP SP2) would give me false Google search results with Firefox. It would open the Google search results, but when you clicked any link it took you to a...
doctorwho737 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 20 03-21-2011 02:23 PM
Ok - I tried to follow the rules ..
Having Google search redirect problem. Had a little trouble w/the GMER executable, maybe someone could help? In any case, here's my DDS report: DDS (Ver_10-12-12.02) - NTFSx86 Run by Owner at 3:35:32.34 on Thu 02/03/2011 Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_23...
HiVoltageBlonde Resolved HJT Threads 3 02-06-2011 05:45 AM
Internet Really Slow. Virus? DSS logs attached
My computer seems to be running fine but whenever I try and access the internet (with IE or Firefox or Chrome) it takes a really long time to load the pages and the processor sounds like its working overtime. I know there is no problem with the internet speed because it works fine on my iphone. I...
karmi Inactive Malware Help Topics 0 01-06-2011 12:56 AM